1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That's one sexy bit of exhaust tubing:cool:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Did it run? I did not see it on the track or a class for it. I took some nice pics of her in the stable

Anyone know who fabricated the headers?

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Those are some pretty tasty headers indeed ... I saw something very similar on a GTA replica at the Silverstone Historic Festival last month (I'll post some pics eventually).

It must be something to do with the way the server orders file numbers, but you have to view all 20 pages of the photo album to see the GTA pictures you took, Simon, so that e.g. '45.jpg.' is buried between 499 and 450 - if this makes sense.

There really were some amazing cars there! I really loved that BMW Batmobile and the big Porsche that looked like a 911 on steroids. And did anyone else notice the odd thing about that gorgeous Cisitalia spyder? It had tea strainers on the end of the exhaust pipes!

Alex.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It must be something to do with the way the server orders file numbers, but you have to view all 20 pages of the photo album to see the GTA pictures you took, Simon, so that e.g. '45.jpg.' is buried between 499 and 450 - if this makes sense.
Alex,

You should be able to view all the photos in thumbnail view and then drill in on the ones you want to see. If I understand your question correctly.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=17137

·
Registered
563 Posts
Here's a few photos i took of 613006 - nice to see one of the first 100 chassis still with its aluminium floors!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
This car was in Monterey because it was displayed at the Quail. No class was available in the Historic races this year.
Jochen Rindt drove it to victory in the first TransAm race, a four hour event preceding the 12 hours of Sebring in March, 1966. It was one of two factory cars entered. Both were sold after the race, this one to Bill Barnes in NC.
J&L Fabricating here in WA did the restoration including the headers (their number is 253-845-0617). Dave Vegher built the engine. It is raced in vintage events here in the northwest and was on Griot's Garage catalog last November.
Thanks for your interest and let me know if I can answer any other questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts