Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of rods made for my 1300 GTA racing engine, when the company who makes the rods ( made in sweden by autoverdi.com ) measured my original rod he found that an offset of 0.2 mm, is that correct? I have always thought that the 1300 and 1600 engines doesn´t have any offset.

Axel Lind
GTAj 776061
Zagato jr

·
Registered
153 Posts
It's funny you mention this company today. I spoke with Stefan Verdi just this afternoon because I am also having a set of rods produced by him for my '74 1300 GT Junior. I am not sure whether they are the same as yours, but he did mention that he was going to make rods for a 1300 GTA.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Rod offset

Hallo Axel,

1.all the north -engines have the same offset , 1300-2000 , dont know in moment exactly ,but more than 0,2mm!!!
2.the steel rods from 1300GTA short stroke are extreme strong, if original! never needs to be replaced by non prooved billet made rods.
3. dont interchange with the rods from normal 1300 , which are much smaller in profile and made some problems in my 1300 Giulietta veloce engine .

4. unfortunately, companies like carillo dont produce rods for 1300GTA because demand to small,production begins with 1600 rods.

5. Perhaps, i am interested in a set of rods too , would you make me a PM.

MFG
Uli

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is my rods that Stefan is doing. He is very interested in Alfas, we talked a long time about the varios racing heads and old racing Alfas.

Axel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts