Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AR775505 - GTA 1300 Junior – ex Zetor Racing Team Brno, CZ

After reading every GTA related Thread in this forum, I want to take the chance to introduce myself. I’m Marcel, living in Munich. I was raised in my father’s 1750 duetto Spider, so I’m Alfa infected from the beginning.

With a little luck and by chance I came in spring 2011 into the possession of a GTA 1300 Junior, a real barn find. It is one of three GTA1300 imported in 1969 into former Czechoslovakia for Zetor Racing.

Enclosed a short overview of the history of the 3 Zetor cars:

In 1968 three Autodelta prepared GTA Junior were sold to the former Czechoslovakia for the Zetro Racing Team in Brno, financed by the Zetor Tractor Company. They were delivered in March 1969 and entered in national competition and in the ETCC races all over Europe, with Jiří Rosický and Dusan Velimsky as the main drivers. They became 1969 &70 national champions in their classes, 1969 Rosický was 3rd in the 1300 ETCC Division, 1970 Velímský 7th in the ETCC Division. In 1972 Zetor sold the cars to private drivers.

The Rosický car (license plate no. J 29-52) was sold to Jan Váňa, later to Ladislav Loszmann (AMK Handlova in Slovakia) where it was crashed and rebuild on a steel chassis. A few years ago Mr. Loszmann sold the car to Germany (current owner is known).

The Velimsky car (license plate no. J 29-58) car was sold to Marian Rajnoha, who entered it successfully until 1979, then sold it to Štefan Klištinec, who used it until approx. 1982. This car was sold a few years ago and is now in Poland. As the current owner does this officially, I see no harm in entering the link to his official homepage with the pictures of his restoration.

Alfa Romeo GTA Junior Corsa

My car AR775505 was driven by Stanislav Plihal (unfortunately I have no pictures of the Zetor time of this car, so I don’t know the license plate no.), who overreved it in the first race in Olomouce on 27.04.1969. After that the cars was only used for spare parts for the other two cars which continued racing.
It was already sold in in 1971 to Antonio Galliani Tvrdy, who started to rebuild it. Due to contacts to Autodelta (an Ing. Macario) he was able to update the car according to the homologation – meaning broad fenders, plastic doors with sliding windows, 13 inch wheels. It has also the original Autodelta racing seat (according to Antonio Galliani a present from Gianluigi Picchi). From 1972 until 1982 the car was successful used for circuit and hill climb races (from 1972-76 being 5 times in a row 3rd in the Czech national championship against the works Skodas). Beside Antonio Galliani Tvrdy additional drivers of the car were in 1979 Jan Hermánek (3rd in the hill climb championship) and 1980/81 Marian Rajnoha (hill climb champion in 1980). In 1980 it was modified with a horrible front spoiler and new lights…. Until the late 70ties thy used the 1300 Engine, afterwards they used a 2000 GTAM engine with carburetors for the hill climbs (the engine was sold afterwards).
After 1982 the car was put away into a barn and in 2011 sold to me from Antonio Galliani.

The car is in a good restoration basis, just limited surface rust, but it needed a new front panel due to “modifications” in 1980. As the car was intended to be sold to Italy in the end of the eighties, unfortunately the head, ignition and carburetors went missing. The remaining parts seem to be complete.
The car is currently in the body repair workshop and I hope I will be able to start the re-assembly from spring onwards.

As I’m researching the history of the three Zetor cars I would be glad for any information, pictures, etc. available. Also I would be interested if there is any more information on Ing. Macario from Autodelta (as I have obtained his works jacket from Antonio Galliani).

Description of the enclosed pictures:
1. a rare picture of 1976 - all 3 cars united. from the left: The Rajnoha/Velimsky car, Galliani, the Rosicky/ Loszmann car
2. in action, late 70ties
3. 1980/81 with "optimised" front
4. the works jacket from Ing. Macario
5. state this summer, now stripped for rebuild

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,519 Posts
You are a lucky man. What configuration are you going to restore it in to?

Pete

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The same configuration like in its active time. Wide fenders, 1300 carburetor engine. As the fenders are cut out (what you See ist just thin sheet metall over the cutouts), wide is most reasonable solution.

·
Administrator
12,519 Posts
The same configuration like in its active time. Wide fenders, 1300 carburetor engine. As the fenders are cut out (what you See ist just thin sheet metall over the cutouts), wide is most reasonable solution.
That is what I would do too :).

Awesome car this will be.
Pete

·
Administrator
12,519 Posts
What an awesome car. Does it have an alloy floor?

Pete

1 - 20 of 95 Posts