Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks - I just bought a '69 GT - drove it back from Portland down to Berkeley over the weekend. I've been driving and restoring alfas for about eight years now, and I've always wanted a 69 GT! It's very exciting.

The car is in great shape mechanically. The engine is very strong, and much of the mechanicals are recently redone (tranny, driveline, suspension, etc). It has an LSD from a later spider. I'm going to check the paperwork tonight to see exactly what was done to the head when it was rebuilt - it must have been ported out. Driving it is even more exciting than the old 1750 Kamm tailed spider I used to have...

It's a bit of a project. The interior needs to be redone, the seats need new vinyl and the headliner will get replaced when I get the car painted. Waiting for vinyl samples to show up so I can order the seat covers...

There is a bit of rust in the wheel arches and in the rockers. Nothing too bad tho - I was able to look inside of the passenger side rocker and the inner rocker panel looks pretty good. I've been wanting to learn how to weld for a few years now, and I wanted to find a good driver that needed body work.

The floors were redone last year. The PO did a nice job getting the dash recovered and getting everything organized.

It's definitely the most complete Alfa I've ever purchased. It's got some neat mags on it, but I'm going to take it back to the original steel wheels - probably the first project will be taking a look at the brakes when I get the mags off.

Anyway. I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently completed the restoration of a '62 Giulietta Spider and have gotten to know the 750/101 community pretty well. Those folks are an amazing resource!

If anyone has any leads on other 105.XX resources or groups that I should join please drop me a PM. I'll post pics at some point soon.

best,
Brian

·
Super Moderator
11,374 Posts
Brian:

Welcome to 105 coupe ownership. Like you, I also have a 101 ('63 Giulia Spider), and am currently restoring my first 105 Bertone coupe (though I have worked on/restored several 105 spiders). Like you, I regularly participate on the 750/101 digest.

The closest thing to the 750/101 digest is this section of the BB. Frankly, in many ways the BB is better than the Yahoo 750/101 digest due to the ease with which you can post pictures on the BB. I suspect that over time, the Giulietta/Giulia section of the BB will overtake the 750/101 digest; I generally post questions in both places.

Good luck with your project!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
welcome to the board!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Sounds like you have a good project. What are you doing with the wheels on the car? I'm looking for a set of alloy wheels to replace my steel wheels. If you would like to see a mostly correct from the factory unrestored 69 GTV, let me know. Mine lived in a barn for most of its life, and was very, very, original when I got it. Infact it even had the factory tires on it. I'm just up in Napa so its not that far of a trip.

See ya,
Will

·
Registered
256 Posts
Another East Bay GTV owner

Brian,

Glad to hear there's another local GTV owner on the BB. I'm over in the Richmond Annex.

I've just recently picked up my first GTV, and am in the process of doing a few mods and making it roadworthy. Had to replace a lot of rusty metal, too.

Let me know if you need help or ideas with the welding. I'd love to see your project at some point.

George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts