Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 74 GTV apart some years ago, and now cannot remember how the trunk cable is routed from the release lever to the release mechanism. I know that it passes over the L/H wheel arch, then crosses over to the R/H side, but where is it fastened- inside the cabin or in the trunk? The parts book gives no clues, and there are no other cars in my area to take a peek at. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Axeman74

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Axeman74,

Yeah, I know the feeling. Always handy to have a spare Alfa of the same model in the shed somewhere for reference purposes! You are right with the first bit in that the cable leaves the flipper handle in the l/h door shut and sits atop the l/h wheel arch as it enters the boot area. It then lays on the floor against the l/h rear quarter and then tail panel and is held in place by some metal tags tack welded to the boot floor. Do you still have those in place ? The cable then runs slightly past the centre line of the car and loops up to mount in the boot lock from the r/h side. I hope that makes some sort of sense. BTW the pics of the shell are very impressive! Good luck with the reassembly. :)

Cheers, Lance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Lance. So your saying the cable runs along the boot floor, near the shock absorber mounts? The only tabs I can find are on the inner wheelarches, and on the underside of the parcel tray (where the boot springs are located). If I attach the cable to these tabs, then it comes up short. Man I wish digital cameras where around when I took this car apart, I would have taken photo's of everything!

Thanks for your comments re: my shell, it is greatly appreciated :).

Axeman74

Hey Axeman74,

Yeah, I know the feeling. Always handy to have a spare Alfa of the same model in the shed somewhere for reference purposes! You are right with the first bit in that the cable leaves the flipper handle in the l/h door shut and sits atop the l/h wheel arch as it enters the boot area. It then lays on the floor against the l/h rear quarter and then tail panel and is held in place by some metal tags tack welded to the boot floor. Do you still have those in place ? The cable then runs slightly past the centre line of the car and loops up to mount in the boot lock from the r/h side. I hope that makes some sort of sense. BTW the pics of the shell are very impressive! Good luck with the reassembly. :)

Cheers, Lance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ummm, actually no. Perhaps another way of putting it would be to say that the cable sits on the boot floor between the fuel tank and the l/h rear quarter and on the boot floor under the l/h tail lamp. How 'bout I PM you some contact details and you can come see for yourself.

Cheers, Lance.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm, actually no. Perhaps another way of putting it would be to say that the cable sits on the boot floor between the fuel tank and the l/h rear quarter and on the boot floor under the l/h tail lamp. How 'bout I PM you some contact details and you can come see for yourself.

Cheers, Lance.
Thanks again Lance. I just re-read your original post, and realised I am a complete idiot! On second reading it makes perfect sense. It didn't occur to me to route it this way when I was trying to figure it out, but it certainly seems like the way it should be. So, thanks again.

Even though we have the cable sorted out, your offer is to good to refuse. I will PM you.

Regards,

Axeman74

1 - 5 of 5 Posts