Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, anyone knows any source for new sunshields?
Or should i fix them?

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
These are black on both sides. The originals were white on the underside, black on the top. If anyone has a source for the two-tone version, I'd sure like to get those!

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are black on both sides. The originals were white on the underside, black on the top. If anyone has a source for the two-tone version, I'd sure like to get those!
Are you sure of this? For all series?
Mine are original (in bad conditions) and all black.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I bought my pair from Hurtienne in Germany:
Alfa-Service

The photo on that page shows the mirror is included, but I don't recall if mine do or not - I'll have to find that box and have a look!

My originals (not too bad, but not excellent) were black on both sides.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The European visors are only made for left hand drive cars unfortunately (mirror ends up on the wrong side) and not really in the exact style to match the old ones, so we stopped stocking them here in the UK. Generally later cars (2000 GTV) had the 'two tone' visors from memory, but they have not been remanufactured at this stage. If you can find good secondhand ones - or clean up your old ones - you will probably be better off I think.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew,

the visors of my car seem to be gone through Desert Storm. I have to replace them.
Finding second hand ones in good shape is extremely difficult, so the only option is to buy a replica.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Andrew,

the visors of my car seem to be gone through Desert Storm. I have to replace them.
Finding second hand ones in good shape is extremely difficult, so the only option is to buy a replica.
Did you give any thought about taking the pair you have to an upholstery shop and have the redone? That's what I did while restoring my '72 Super.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you give any thought about taking the pair you have to an upholstery shop and have the redone? That's what I did while restoring my '72 Super.
I thought it, but i think that the effort isn't worth the goal...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts