Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anyone have a nice gold cad plated driver's door window mechanism for a '67 gt sprint veloce? The attached picture is of the one from my passenger door for comparison. I want to replace the driver's side and the one in it now is pretty worn out due to a door replacement by the PO.
Thanks.
Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hello,
Does anyone have a nice gold cad plated driver's door window mechanism for a '67 gt sprint veloce? The attached picture is of the one from my passenger door for comparison. I want to replace the driver's side and the one in it now is pretty worn out due to a door replacement by the PO.
Thanks.
Rich
I have one but shipping might kill the deal

Ben - Spain

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
To me the picture shows the later type as used on 69 GTV and maybe GTj. Check the 1600 GT parts book and your doors.

Ken

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ben, Thanks for your response but shipping would kill the deal.
Fred, do you have one in the same condition as the one in my photo above but for the other side?
Ken, I have attached a photo of my two mechanisms side by side. The black one is from the driver's door which was replaced by the PO and the gold cad one came out of my passenger door which I am pretty sure is original to the car. The black one does look a bit older in design and metal thickness so maybe it came out of a GT Sprint?
Thanks.
Rich

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Mine matches yours it’s also the S.A.F.E. brand. Pretty sure from an earlier car, I have some labeled from 69 that are darker and stamped out of a bit heavier metal as you have noted. Moving forward email is better for me- [email protected]
CF58E577-1505-46E2-B058-F35D9A6FA2FE.jpeg

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Hi Rich. Some discussion at link belowh and cut from the 1600 GT parts book 1967 version showing 4 mounting holes.

I wonder if the later type scissors with only 3 mounting holes bolts right up to where a 4 hole earlier once was.
I have seen pictures of the dark type.

Stay well

Ken

·
Registered
965 Posts
The GT Sprint had the option of an electric motor, thus the big hole and three smaller holes surrounding it on the plate that has the spring (4 mounting for that item)
The GT Veloce 1600 had the same heavy version as the GT Sprint, but with out the holes for the electric motor.
The GT Veloce 1750 had at one point the cad plated version.(3 mounting holes for plate that has the spring)
Even though the previous owner replaced the left door, the dark window mechanism it's probably the correct one for your car a GT Veloce 1600.
Regards Steve

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Hey Steve, the 12/67 GT parts book clearly shows a regulator with large hole (for motor) with a left hand and right hand part numbers both with suffix .00. The part is for Sprint GT, GTC and 1600 GTV. There is a separate pair of numbers for GTA with suffix .01. There is no separate number that I find without hole and there is no picture of the parts shown in this thread with only 3 mounting holes on the scissors portion of the apparatus.

So when did the change to the later 3 hole mount take place. In 1968?? with some 1600 GTs using it??

The dark 3 hole mount and the gold cad 3 hole mount may be the same part number from different manufacturer or maybe the dark one predated the gold cad one.

The 1750 GTV parts book I have shows what looks more to be the gold cad version. With part numbers for left and right both ending in .00.

And will the 4 hole mount and 3 hole mount bolt up to the same door?? with no modifications.

I would be happy to here what is found in other parts books.

Regards

Ken

Reactions: dbest

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi Ken, Rich,
The stepnose GTJ 1300 catalogue has left hand and right hand part numbers both with the same part numbers and same line diagram/photo (same regulator with large hole (for motor)) as for the Sprint GT, GTC and 1600 GTV.
The GT Veloce 1750 catalogue shows the same part numbers as for the Sprint GT, GTC and 1600 GTV, but a different line diagram/photo (with no large hole (for motor)) as per for the Sprint GT, GTC and 1600 GTV.
That means none of the two window winder regulators are original for your 1600 GTV Rich.
The window winder regulators are most likely early S1 1750 GTV for the black one and S2 1750 GTV for the second CAD plated one. (I don't have enough information to comment on them being sourced from 1300 GTJ/1600 GTJ smooth nose cars).
Regards Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the research. I cleaned up the cad unit but could not find any part numbers. My black one is a bit worn on the glass track wheels so I will stay with the cad unit and a matching one Fred is sending me. Even though they are hidden the cad unit looks nicer. It would be interesting to find out which type mechanism was originally in my car. For now, though, and after ten plus years in pieces I am finally getting it back together.
Thanks, Rich

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hi Rich,
The original one was as per what Ken mentioned 'regulator with large hole (for motor) with a left hand and right hand part numbers both with suffix .00. The part is for Sprint GT, GTC and 1600 GTV.(Also used on the GTJ 1300 stepnose).
The regulator with large hole (for motor) can be difficult to find as most were replaced with the later 1750 GTV black and cadmium plated versions.
There is great thread on Alfabb on how to restore the regulators, as most regulators tend to have worn out plastic washes at the regulator's pivoting points.
Your car looks great. Like your bicycle collection as well.
Regards Steve

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Steve,
This is not the place but if you want to talk bicycles, we (mostly my son) have a collection of italian racing bikes from 1948 (with Campagnolo rod shifter - cambio corsa) to mid 80's with pretty much the complete evolution of Campagnolo gruppos...
Thanks.
Rich

1 - 13 of 13 Posts