Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm restoring a '65 Giulia Sprint GT.

Does anyone have any photos to share that show how and where the seats secure to the floor. I replaced the floors, so the original mounting features are not there.

Just setting the seats directly on the floor, the seat seems too low. Not sure what I'm missing. Some pics would be a great help.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
seat rails

I'm restoring a '65 Giulia Sprint GT.

Does anyone have any photos to share that show how and where the seats secure to the floor. I replaced the floors, so the original mounting features are not there.

Just setting the seats directly on the floor, the seat seems too low. Not sure what I'm missing. Some pics would be a great help.

Thanks
Check Brad Fischer post "garage sales" in the international section. He had the correct rails... post #283 Early GTV had the mounting location directly in the floors. later models had brackets which raised the seat up. Early seat rails were " elevated'. Some where I have a set and I will look and post a photo.
Jon

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi
This is a photo a LH seat base from a 65 GT. The bottom of the photo
is the rear . One side fits flush on the drive shaft tunnel ,
the other mounts on the floor and the lip by the inner sill.

View attachment 350586

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GT Seat Mounting

Thanks, that's a great help. It looks like the brackets on my seat are very different. Am I missing brackets or are they not correct for the car?

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
See post 963 on page 19 of my Alfa parts garage sale thread, the 2 seat brackets in the top right of the photo may be useful? Follow the link below.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Don't forget that they put little wood spacers about 3/4 - 1 inch tall to properly fasten the seat to the floor. They also had the wood spacers underneath the floor pan as well. I've had this in all of my 105.02 GT's

This photo is upside down.

Hope this helps

Phil

Attachments

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
TehKyosho, To see photos of what I have, follow the instruction of my post #8 above there are at least 4 photos of the seat rails, but I think they are from a 67 GTJr.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts