Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was offered a car that I have been wanting for a while now. Only way I can get it is if I sell my grey junior so here it is:

1970 GT Junior
grey/red, 73K original kilomerters (less than 50K miles), car is in excellent original condition, I am the third owner.

Pictures

the car comes with the original wheels. also, comes with some spare parts.

email or pm me if you are seriously interested.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Anthony, are you sure to let it go? It's such a nice Jr with the nicest color on the world. It looks nice in the picture but it looks even better in person.

I guess the one you're going to buy is even more interesting. :D

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: GT Junior For Sale

alfa_chan said:
Anthony, are you sure to let it go? It's such a nice Jr with the nicest color on the world. It looks nice in the picture but it looks even better in person.

I guess the one you're going to buy is even more interesting. :D
i am sure...but only for this car that came up for sale. it's a lot more interesting to me than the grey one. i love the color, but it's not enough to hold me back from selling her!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Missed opportunity?

When I finished wiping the drool from my keyboard, I realized this car is probably long been sold. Has it? If not, what are you asking?

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump

i have now installed a 2 liter with carbs, cams, and sperry head. trans rebuilt and new clutch 8K miles ago.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Speaking of installing 2.0 L into older cars, what kinda boost do I get by putting a 2.0 L into a 67 gtv 1600? If i'm bothering the sale of this car witht his message, than excuse me (if only I had the money to buy your car).
Regards,
Josh

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this car originally came with a 1300. the 1300 was not bad for everyday but the 2 liter makes it easier to drive. i think the difference between this two liter and the 1300 that originally was in the car is about 50 horsepower. the 2 liter also gives it more torque but i am not sure. i also had no 1600's to throw in the car but had this two liter in my now parts car 77 spider.

·
Registered
417 Posts
what the added power of a 2.0 liter is, but don't worry about. I just figured it would give you a heck of a lot more acceleration and higher top speed, but i guess it all depends. Now somebody buy this beautiful gt junior. Hell, if I was in Cali, I would.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Josh -

1600cc engine - 109 HP 78x82mm Bore/Stroke Carbs
1750cc engine - 118 HP 80x88.5mm Bore/Stroke SPICA FI
2000cc engine - 132 HP 84x88.5mm Bore/Stroke SPICA FI

You sound like a guy who'd like a little more power, so if I were you I'd go with the torqueier 2L model - '73 or '74. With Euro cams, 10.2-1 hi compression pistons, an electronic ignition, and a Ingram mod'd FI Pump, you should easily be able to get 155 HP and still have an engine you can easily live with on the street as a daily driver.

Or . . . . . what you really want is one of these in a GTV . . . . .

http://www.g-site.com/alfaxtc/

·
Registered
417 Posts
It shows you how stupid most people on Ebay are. I was watching the auction to see what would happened and couldn't believe when it didn't hit atleast 9,000. Good luck selling it.

Josh

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
eBay is a hit or miss ordeal. Just ask Paradiso.

I recommend waiting a couple weeks and then put her up again. It's all a matter of who's looking at what time.

When I first auctioned my Spider, I got a lot of bids, but it did not exceed my reserve price. I put her up a few weeks later and my reserve was met.

Have you tried www.AlfaClassifieds.com or the AROSC classifieds?

There's someone out there that'll appreciate that little gem! Good luck Anthony!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts