Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a GT dash physically fits in a Spider? I know HVAC, console, etc. wouldn't match, but not an issue in my case. The reason I ask is there are several lightweight dash options for the GT (carbon and fiberglass), but none for the spider. I'm likely going to ditch the stock instruments anyways.

·
Super Moderator
11,775 Posts
I don't know for sure, and certainly have never tried it, but my guess would be "no". Since the spider and GT have different windshields, my guess is that one difference would be the shape of the top/front edge (more curved on the spider, more straight on the GT). But, anything will fit if you cut, add or improvise enough, so I guess it depends on your definition of "fit".

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm.. the curve makes sense that they likely would not fit. Too bad.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hmm.. the curve makes sense that they likely would not fit. Too bad.
The stock stepnose dash panel itself (at least mine) consists primarily of the hooded vertical face, with places on top to fasten a separate panel forward to the base of the windshield. The dash should fit...... I can actually do some checking. Don't know what you are looking at buying, but it will take some sort of fabrication to fit and fill the space regardless.

·
Administrator
14,485 Posts
If a race car, ditch the dashboard and just attached the gauges to a horizontal roll cage bar or bulkhead

Pete

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If a race car, ditch the dashboard and just attached the gauges to a horizontal roll cage bar or bulkhead

Pete
It’s more of a track day car than a full blown race car. Has roll bar with petty bar but no front cage section. I’d like to keep some sort of dash.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The stock stepnose dash panel itself (at least mine) consists primarily of the hooded vertical face, with places on top to fasten a separate panel forward to the base of the windshield. The dash should fit...... I can actually do some checking. Don't know what you are looking at buying, but it will take some sort of fabrication to fit and fill the space regardless.
The idea is to buy one of the carbon or fiberglass dashes from one of the European suppliers. I wouldn’t expect a direct bolt on, but something that can be made to fit without looking too odd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts