Under seat area done
From this...
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

To this....

Reactions: PSk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Outstanding work @BigMart . Just read through your entire thread this afternoon and your pictures will prove invaluable for when I start tearing into my '74 GTV, particularly around the rear shock box section.

Looking forward to the continued progress - whereabouts are you based?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
Outstanding work @BigMart . Just read through your entire thread this afternoon and your pictures will prove invaluable for when I start tearing into my '74 GTV, particularly around the rear shock box section.

Looking forward to the continued progress - whereabouts are you based?
Thanks . Glad it’s helpful in the way I found other people’s threads really useful for me.

I’m in Northants, be Kettering. Where are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks . Glad it’s helpful in the way I found other people’s threads really useful for me.

I’m in Northants, be Kettering. Where are you?
Indeed. Once you see someone else hacking their 105 apart and seeing what's underneath, it gives you the confidence to grab the angle grinder and get cracking!

My 105 was re-bodied by Alfapanels to GRP, so I'm currently weighing up whether to take most of the GRP off and replacing the front and rear valances + wings with steel. It looks as if the aftermarket panels were classic alfa had quite a poor fit out-of-the-box? It's reassuring to see CA gave you a discount on your panel order as the costs for some esentially pressed sheet panels is pretty eye watering!

I'm Bristol based, but I used to travel up to Kettering now and then for work. Look forward to catching up with more chaps on the forum once this Covid lark buggers off.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #565 ·
I think the CA panels are pretty good but with so many panels and changes (plus most of them being handmade) never likey to be a great fit. Overall I’m happy with what they sell.
Yes look me up if you are up this way

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gawd blimey. That's a fair old restoration project. Just came across this site from a guy in Malta who's restoring a 1300 Junior. Definitely worth checking out 'restoring junior' on youtube. The videos are superb. Both yours and his project seem to go down the route of years rather than a singular year such is the extent of bodywork.

Considering a 1600 junior purchase but not sure if the projects are inspiring me or filling me with dread !

I'm amazed the axle stands haven't gone straight through the floor !

Have a 939 spider which I adore but have a hankering for one of these having owned over 12 alfas over the years (I never learn it seems)

Looking forward to the updates as an when.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
Yes I know geoffreys car in malta
We started at a similar time.
I had times of non activity on the car, the a day or two a week.
I’m currently on an off period due to detached retina but should get back on it in a month or so.
I take my time and don’t push myself too much. I set a ten year target and I’m 6 yes in 😀😀

·
Administrator
14,611 Posts
Motivation wanes and life gets in the way ...

Pete

Reactions: ofpoets

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #569 ·
Yep
I never let myself get fed up with it.
I’m enjoying the journey, but I don’t feel bad if I get sidetracked onto other things. It’s always waiting for me 😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Motivation wanes and life gets in the way ...

Pete
Yeah I can imagine that - in fact these were my exact words whilst talking with Geoffrey the other day and one of my biggest worries. I'd probably want to have it done within a much shorter time frame than most are completing theirs. If I kept the Spider then that would keep some enthusiasm up however it's likely I'd have to sell it to fund the resoration. Hmmmm. Dilema !

561 - 570 of 570 Posts