Nice work! I hope you find this (as I did) to be the most enjoyable part of the car to restore. Not sure why that was, maybe because it is a small project in itself without too many other things depending on it to complicate things.
Thanks. Yes it’s a nice mix of fabrication and fitting.
I still have some repairs to make to lower rear arch wells - but minor patches.
I will probably cut the rear wing off soon as I have the classic Alfa wheel well/each piece to fit.
That may uncover some hidden horrors 😀
Moved to the rear part of the well.
Was going to patch it ....but it was so pitted I thought it might be quicker to cut the whole piece out make a new one. My most ambitious panel yet I think.
Actually not so hard - just a lot of hammer time!
had to make a new piece where boot floor meets the well.
Replacement rear wing arrived so decided to stick on the same side and finish this side completely, before moving onto the other side.
welded in the rear jacking point (not pictured) - note for next time: weld it on before putting sills/rockers in next time 😀
when I cut off the rear wing I got access to the c-pillar area that is rusted out - so started cutting that out and started making patch panels.
no before pic taken - but same condition as drivers side.
Trial fitted Rear wing
It was on and off at least 20 times!
Fitted window and trims to check that was all ok.
Then fitted the replacement inner well part and finessed it’s got to the tub and wing.
Didn’t spark up the welder all day! 😀
Hi Mart I remember when you started on your car, and I admire how much you have done. Doing the back much be so much easier than the front, with all the fresh air you had at the front.
It was fascinating watching you over come the challenges you had there. Still watching and appreciating the work your putting in. Regards John.