Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Wheels from several manufacturers were used for this car, Gotti, Compomotive, Tramont etc. I think the English racers used Compomotive and the french Gotti whatever was easily available at the time.

The Compomotive wheel was named TH(Turbo Hub) 3 pc modular, made for racing. As I can see Compomotive is not offering 3 pcs wheels any more although you can get the TH pattern as a 1 pc wheel still. The 3pc wheel looked like this:

Schmidt Wheels in Germany are still offerering wheels in 15" and 16" as TH also with the looks, but of course Alfa GTV6 is not mentioned, so you have to ask if they can deliver it after Alfa spec offset, 5 bolts and 98mm bolt circle. They have 5 bolt on their program both in 15" and 16", so how flexible are they? You have to ask them, if you are interested!

Wheel Designs - 13 Zoll - 16 Zoll - von Felge.de

Then you have the Spanish Braid, they are very flexible and they also have similar, although not modular.

G.

PS. Would be interesting what you decide and how they looked when mounted! Looking for wheels too..

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
GTV6 wheels

I think,the wheels are from RONAL / germany. They produced in period the same designe in 3 piece for racing use. Very rare and also long out of production. For street use , they produce their Tubular wheel with same designe, but one-piece.I had a friend near my hometown, he races his GTV6 with such wheels, as ours has BBS( most popular race wheels in germany)

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
I think,the wheels are from RONAL / germany. They produced in period the same designe in 3 piece for racing use. Very rare and also long out of production. For street use , they produce their Tubular wheel with same designe, but one-piece.I had a friend near my hometown, he races his GTV6 with such wheels, as ours has BBS( most popular race wheels in germany)
This is close.

The original wheels are Ronal R10 "RACING" 3 piece, with magnesium centers. Not available in 5x98 that I have ever seen for sale, but do come up in 5x100 occasionally or 5x100.

Schmidt wheels has a similar 3 piece design but it is not the same.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The wheels are Compomotive TH 9"×16"and were distributed by Carisma , were available in Centre locks, use both here in Aus and by the A.R. dealer team in U.K. Autodelta used Speedline but only in 15". Replica Speedline pattern made by Roin technology in Italy

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you are looking for the Compomotive TH style—which judging by the small picture is quite close to what's on the car—the best bet is to contact B-star wheels in the UK. I've talked with them about wheels for Alfa9 Supply, and they are good folks.

BSTARWHEELS

Many of the Compomotive employees went there after the financial trouble the company had a few years ago and a lot of the production knowledge went with them as well.

The attached picture in gold/orange color is basically the new version of the Compomotive TH 3piece. That kind of wheel is custom order so you can get whatever you want for offset, diameters, colors, drillings. I'd bet they could easily make up a set to fit a GTV6.

Also, the R10's, those are great wheels. From the versions I've always seen they have "ronal racing" stamped on the wheels, which leads me to believe those pictured on the GTV6 are not the R10s.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts