Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1750 GTV
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the optimal ride height. I would like to understand what is the ground clearance your cars are running. The measurement I am looking for is from the ground up to the sill at the rear edge of the door opening when the car is fully assembled, on the floor, with no passengers. Please indicate if your car is lowered or std and if there are any running issues. Thx. S

·
Premium Member
22,988 Posts
The Technical Characteristics manuals give factory numbers to the jack points, as a starting point. I just saw this in the one for Giulia sedans, but I don't have the manual for GTVs.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Someone post this on the forum, but I don't remember where.

Alfa factory info.

Maybe it helps :

Reactions: PSk

·
Registered
635 Posts
13.5 inches. It might not look as cool as a lower car, but it works on the roads that I drive on. CA 92,84,35,9,and1. Car is lowered

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think a good starting place is with the front lower wishbones set to horizontal. This will dictate the front ride height, and then set the rear relative to the front. I've run the rear a little higher, a little lower and level with the front - using the jacking points or sills as reference. Level should be a good starting point - depending on how stiff the rear springs are. If running "softer" rear springs the starting point may be a little higher and "stiffer" vice verse.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
13.5 inches. It might not look as cool as a lower car, but it works on the roads that I drive on. CA 92,84,35,9,and1. Car is lowered
12 inches... car lowered... driving same roads... looks cool... no sump guard... no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts