Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm after priliminary qualifying, the Williams car with the Tires by Michelin, computers by HP, engines by BMW and beer by Budweiser are the fastest at Hockenheim.

This may call for drastic strategy such as our famous Ferrari flying pit stops. (like refueling in mid air)

Well I hope Velocess doesn't see this cause it is secret

**** French tires

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks like that BMW power is on target. Tomarrow the prediction will be made.
Don't get me wrong, their is plenty of Italian blood in my veins and Ferrari is my preference. It is just that I had a couple of conversations with Montoya while he was racing in the U.S. and I would like to see him do well.

If Giancarlo Fisichella was in a Ferrari, I would say BMW who?

Velocess

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i think the main reason ferrari has no italian driver is because the italians would expect the italian driver to be the #1 driver for the team...won't work as long as scumacher is there, and he can stay as long as he wants if you ask me. another reason no italian driver for ferrari is because there would be too much pressure on the driver to do well. that my 2 lire....i mean euro

·
Registered
880 Posts
I heard that in approx 2 years Barrichelo's contract will expire but if he keeps winning or doing well then Ferrari might extend his contract. I also heard that if Barrichelo starts to make to many mistakes, Ferrari will hire this Italian driver (dont remember his name) from Formula 3000. Should be interesting to see what happens.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose I will have to be first with my prediction. That being because I can't keep quiet for very long.

I think it will be Ralf Schumacher, JP Montoya, and Michael Schumacher. Which would be fine as long as Michael finishes ahead of Kimi.

By the By Velocess, the BMwobbleyu power is not what is giving Williams cars the edge here in Germany. The cars are clearly better in the hairpins and other tight turns. The Bridgestone shod cars can't seem to make a clean cut tight turn and go maneuver.

I do hear from Maranello that the "in flight" refueling vehicle is being shipped to Germany. There is some question as to whether the German border guards (all of whom were given new BMwhatevers yesterday) will let the machine through or hold it up due to a trumped problem with za papers. I suggested that the tanker be seperated from the turbocharged Topolino tow car and sneak them in one at a time. We shall see.

It could very well all come down to the US GP.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Interesting grid for the race. Obvioulsy the pressure is on the German drivers and engine suppliers. I think last year Williams had to de-tune the engine for race reliability. Or was that the year before? Oh who cares!

Juan Pablo Montoya will win the 2003 German Gran Prix

Pressure-free Renault driver Truli or Alonso will follow behind Michael with dare I say it ... a Toyota in fourth.

Viva Colombia

Velocess

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
If the weather stays hot, it's Michelin shod cars 1, 2 & 3. That's all the prediction I'll make. Personally, I'd love to see Toyota rock the boat with a podium!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Substitute Michael for DC and I came pretty **** close. Tonight I wil try to get to a sports bar and catch the race. I don't have television. Mr. C, was it worth watching?

Viva Colombia!

Velocess

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Velocess and others,

The race was worth watching. Like most however the very beginning and the last 15 laps are by far the most fun. I will say no more until tomorrow after you have a chance to watch it.

Meanwhile congradulations on a very good prediction.

·
Registered
880 Posts
This was certainly not Ferrari's day!:( In the first turn of the race Ralf Shumacher (inside lane) moved over in front of Barrichelo while Raikonnen was trying to make a move on the outside of Barrichello and squeezed Barrichelo and crashed and those three people and others had substantual damage to thier cars. To me if Barrichelo would of stayed in his position, he could of got second heck he could of even won the race if the accident dident happen of course. Michael Schumacher started in 6th and was going to finish in second but blew a tire 3 laps before the chequered flag. So overall the race was fun to watch and the world championship battle is getting very close as is the constructors championship. I can't wait till the next race in 3 weeks from Hungary.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi
To answer your question Velocess, I don't think so. I think it was like so many other racing incidents. For the fine to be justified, you would have to say that Ralf deliberately hit Ruebens or made a foolhearty move. The incident hurt Ralf's chances to gain in the title race so the delibert thing makes no sense. Everyone who makes to the grid of a F1 race is beyond being a fool for no reason. Kimi was off the track roaring up on Ruebens left, Ralf moved to the right and Ruebens had no place to go and no room to stop.
I blame the whole thing on Ferrari's launch control software. If it worked better Ruebens may have been clear. In the years to come we will find that most of lifes problems are software glitches. Of course that comes from a hardware guy.
We will never fully understand why Mosely does what he does. Bernie is easy to understand he did for a buck. No matter what it was.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Mr. C. said:
Hi
I blame the whole thing on Ferrari's launch control software. If it worked better Ruebens may have been clear.
I would have to TOTALLY disagree with you there. Renault's launch control designer was first @ Renault then he left to work for Ferrari (and designed the best at the time) then went back with the Renault team where his latest creation is working wonderfully. Ferrari's launch control could be made better but that wouldent of stoped the accident Ralf probably would of hit someone else. Ralf moved moved over infront of barrichelo and barrichelo tried to get away but hit Kimi and caused the accident. If Ralf would of just stayed in his line (if there wasent any make one) then this accident would not of happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts