Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody know what the issue may be if sometimes I can feel some grinding in the brake pedal when coming to stop?
It is not coming from the pedal itself but I can feel it there as the brakes engage.

·
Registered
1973 Spider; the daily
137 Posts
Its normal for the first few stops to feel a grind especially after rains as the brakes remove all the crud and rust built up on the rotor. If you feel grind after that I would check you pads and make sure theres something there. I would see if your rotors have grooves which indicates something is trapped between the pad and the rotor which could also cause grinding.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels more like it is as a result of something that's hitting the brake pedal somewhere along the line rather than on the brakes themselves if that helps/makes much sense.

·
Registered
1973 Spider; the daily
137 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but these 70s alfas have brake pedals that act as levers up to the brake booster. Not cables. I would check the pivot points for the pedal. Does the grinding happen when you press the brakes to slow down or does it happen even at a stand still?

·
Administrator
12,905 Posts
Please check all brake pads first, and only then think of other thing, like brake pedal pivot

If the pads a worn out, you will potentially feel this through the pedal
Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts