Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my car details from Centro Documentazione Alfa Romeo and I was curious to know if my car was always red and turned out it was. What did surprise me though is the interior, it says it was originally grey cloth (if google translated it correctly) but I can't find examples of it online. Does anyone have pictures cuz I'm curious to see how that looked.

Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce (105.44)
Production date: 1970, April 18th
Delivery date: 1970, April 20th
Market destination: Stockholm (Sweden)
Exterior color: Rosso Alfa
Interior: Tessuto plastificato e panno color grigio unito

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm not sure specifically for your 1970 1750, but for 2000GT Veloce there was charcoal grey velvet cloth center inserts with vinyl borders available for red, white or yellow ochre color cars. This would fit the description of your interior.
Vince

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello! How nice to hear your car was originally sold new in Stockholm, Sweden! I am Swedish, and my car was also sold new in Stockholm. The info from Alfa Romeo on your car means that it had grey carpets. The vinyl seats however, were black. I share i picture of the grey carpets in my car. My car has the exact same interior specification as yours ( although mine is a series 1 from 1969, so it is slightly different in terms of seats and door cards etc ). The original carpets were in grey so called "salt and pepper" ( grey ) wool, and had jute backing. On top of them in the front foot wells, were rubber mats, fastened with studs screwed to the floor.
I can help you to research the cars history in Sweden if you want. Do you have the old swedish registration number? Through the national archives, a lot of information can be found on old owners, MOT´s etc. That MAY also be possible with the chassis number only, but if you have the registration number, that is the best starting point.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The interior in your car should have flying buttress seats with black vinyl outsides with grey wool inserts ... stunning combo in 501 red car .... available from Elvezio Esposito ... not anywhere else as far as I know.
Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.29.01 AM.png

Last time I checked with them price for an upholstery kit was about 1150 Euros.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts