Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...

Just been mooching through their website ( GREEN COTTON FILTERS ) and found that they have a kit for the V6 164...

Has anyone tried one of these on a 75 (Milano to you lot on the wrong side of the pond :p)...

I've used Green Cotton before and rate them so I've got no problem fitting one but I thought I'd see if anyone else has tried before...

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you have had good experience with them before, then go for it, I would generally suggest a panel filter in the stock box over a pod / cone filter, unless you have good ducting drawing air in from outside, as drawing your air from the engine bay is not ideal. Ive been playing with various filters, currently running an enclosed cone filter with a duct running from the front grille, but I'm going back to a performance filter in the stock air box. One thing I have done is got myself a Gtech, just the basic old model, used (cheap!). Great little device for determining HP increases / losses without going to the dyno and ideal for testing out little changes like filters

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah... I'm talking to a company who will bend/flare a 76mm stainless tube so I can put the filter directly in front of the cold air inlet... The pod will also be semi-enclosed/shielded with an additional cold air feed from the lower bumper so the supply should be plentiful...

It's a bit of an experement but what the hell...why not!

I'll post pics when I finally get things done...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts