Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I did a little searching and found that speedgear.com expects to have them in stock on November 15th. 34.95 + 10.95 postage and handling.

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
Awesome trailer, I think I'll put it on my Christmas list.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Latest Email says DVD out in December 2007

The site sent an answer to my email and they said the DVD will be out in December and confirmed the 34.95 price.

Bob

1965 GTA RHD Corsa Ex-Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Registered
501 Posts
That looks absolutely sensational! For me, the 60's and 70's were the golden era of motor sport, and the enthusiasm for sports car driving seems a lot greater then than it is now. Australia is dominated by "V8 Supercars" (family V8 sedans, Fords and Holdens practically the same car despite different manufacturer's!) and its associated mentality. Adelaide even tried to have a "LeMans" style race for the mellenium NY, which flopped because it was a) not advertised properly and b) no one knew what it was because it wasn't F1 and it wasn't V8 Supercars.

Check out the Victory by Design Porsche DVD which has some excellent footage from the Targa Florio, including race and practice. One practice session covered is a driver talking about the road conditions while driving a Porsche 911 targa "illegally" learning the track. It was funny to watch him slow down for a police car, but quite comfortable with doing 120km/hr+ in small the town streets. Can't get away with that in this day and age I guess...

~Benjamin

·
Registered
545 Posts
Also very worthy of a look, "The Speed Merchants".
Follows the 1972 world sportcar championship, with Ferrari 312s and Alfa T33 as the main contenders. Some brilliant race footage of Sebring, Targa Florio, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Watkins Glen.
The only down side is that it wasn't Alfa's most sucessful season.....but to see these cars and a bit of background into the guys who drove them it is well worth a look. Also has a look inside both main contenders workshops. And also some in-car footage/commentry on Targa Florio from Vic Elford's T33!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speed Merchants is a great Sports Racing documentary

Also very worthy of a look, "The Speed Merchants".
Follows the 1972 world sportcar championship, with Ferrari 312s and Alfa T33 as the main contenders. Some brilliant race footage of Sebring, Targa Florio, Le Mans, Nurburgring, Watkins Glen.
The only down side is that it wasn't Alfa's most sucessful season.....but to see these cars and a bit of background into the guys who drove them it is well worth a look. Also has a look inside both main contenders workshops. And also some in-car footage/commentry on Targa Florio from Vic Elford's T33!!
I agree that "the Speed Merchants" is one of the best if not the best racing documentary every produced. It is also one of the most moving because of period narration by the top drivers.

Bob

1965 GTA RHD Corsa Ex-Kwech 1966 Trans-Am and B-Sedan Champion

·
Premium Member
1,537 Posts
I love the closing scene at the end of the trailer--the high winged Chapparal at what looks like Road America. You can see the wing go from "down force" mode, and then trim out flat as it accelerates down the straight.

I'll have to check out "Speed Merchants", it sounds good.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Where did you get that poster? I'd love to get one, and I think I'll plan to make it. Can-Am at Mosport is like peas and carrots you know.

Any news on this Can-Am DVD?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
505 Posts
THAT POSTER!!!
The poster of the Can-Am Thunder in Mosport 2008, is photographed in the mens room at Daytona during the Porsche Reunion III last November.

I will be there that's for sure.

Happy Motoring
Rob

·
Registered
750 Posts
Been waiting for this one too :( Asked for a refund of my payment after it still was a no show in February ... kind of like guessing when Alfa Romeo will return to the US, if ever!

GV

1 - 18 of 18 Posts