Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been tempted to leave the battery hooked up to do a quick job? Great for boats too. I saw this on ebay and just put it on and by golly is it convenient. I have no connection whatsoever with the seller, it's just a neat gadget.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bud said he saw them on pelican as an anti theft device as well, makes sense.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Be cautious about the cheaper Chinese-made units. They can be prone to not keeping a tight connection, which will replicate a poor ground path or severed ground path. This is an easy way to fry the alternator diodes. In contrast, the blue knobbed battery disconnect switches appear to be of high quality. I found these only in Europe.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I bought one from a third party via Sears' web site and it's been working fine.
There's a U.S. flag in the center of its green knob, but given the absence of other markings I'm dubious that it was manufactured in the U.S.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I just replaced the one in my Verde which had been in there for at least 5 years for daily driving in summer and race track. I had some odd electrical drop outs a month or so ago and when I was tugging on various connections the part that the green knob screws into just snapped right off. I'm guessing it was a marginal connection as things seem OK now with the replacement.

Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts