Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Can I Get One for my 164Q!

My idea of the perfect "sleeper." How can we stuff one of these into a 164 shell for the street. Imagine being in your basic American muscle car and seeing a set of Alfa tail lights disappearing into the distance. My mind boggles.

I may even be willing to give up the back seat!

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Zat actually owns some remnants of a second 164 procar that was never finished.

As to the Alfa/Ligier, there was another motor. It was built by Alfa FOR Ligier, but never raced. It was a 4 cylinder 1.5 liter turbo, similar to what Brabham was using (but made by BMW). The motor was actually at Alfa Ricambi in the showroom about 10 years ago, when they were still in Glendale, California. I don't think Brad owned it, and it was just leant to Ricambi by Alfa...

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zat actually owns some remnants of a second 164 procar that was never finished.

As to the Alfa/Ligier, there was another motor. It was built by Alfa FOR Ligier, but never raced. It was a 4 cylinder 1.5 liter turbo, similar to what Brabham was using (but made by BMW). The motor was actually at Alfa Ricambi in the showroom about 10 years ago, when they were still in Glendale, California. I don't think Brad owned it, and it was just leant to Ricambi by Alfa...
Stu, you really are a treasure trove of amazing information! Thanks!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Is the ones Zat has an actual 'Pro-Car'? The chassis looks a bit different than 'official' one.

Here's some pictures from the Alfa Heaven website:

Actually, I think the Zat Pro-Car is front engined...so that settles that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can't believe the pro car actually reached a higher top speed on the track than the F1's! That is so cool, I wish I could have seen it. Just imagine seeing a car driving down the straight that almost looks stock standard but absolutly flys past you, what a sight. It possibly is an indication of Alfa Romeos dominance had it ever gone back to F1.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
they would have OWNED f1 hands down.....as for the sleeper ability sure it looks sleeper but theres no hideing the F1 tone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts