Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if Alfar7's gravity bleeding technique works for under-the-floor M/C cars? I'm sceptical as the mc is at the lowest point, but I like the idea of drinking a pre-determined amount of beer. My kind of job! I did make up a pressurizing contraption for the reservoir, using a presta valve from a bicycle innertube and a couple of neoprene washers, so perhaps an assist to gravity will work?
As an aside, I just bought the bench-mounted brake flaring tool from Eastwood. It's quite possible the best tool I have ever used! perfect flares every time, right out of the box.
Stan

·
Premium Member
22,258 Posts
I have not had much luck with gravity bleed on Alfas. For a floor MC car, unless you have an adapter for a pressure bleeder for the reservoir, you'll need to use a bleeder from the bottom to the top, vacuum bleeder, or traditional pump method. I do one-man pumping with a ball-check-valve bleed hose and don't normally have problems on 105 cars.
Andrew

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andrew,

I tried everything I could think of, pushed a gallon of fluid through the system and no pedal. finally I sat there looking at the calipers and realized i had put them on the wrong sides, with the bleeders at the bottom instead of the top. I switched fronts and backs to opposite sides and had the system bled and out for a test drive in 15 minutes. my homer simpson "doh" moment. maybe I need to invest in a manual after all.
Stan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts