Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, Alex your two old fallen by the wayside Verdes have been pillared and plundered we are both sad and glad to say. What started out to be a "Race" car project for Team Stupido in Shawn's side yard took a nasty twist when the Code Violation police took matters into their own hands and served him with a 48 hour notice last Thursday to move'em or suffer serious legal consequences. So Skip's Shriner bud Pete towed them to his wrecking yard Saturday.

Skip, Kent and I raped silver gray one Monday and today Skip, Joe and I did old Rosso today. Sad fact of life they had to donate their innards but it was the only way we could hope to give life to others (glad part of story).

I am now awash in "Save the Verde Parts" to slow down my 164 Rescue projects, but I will overcome this problem. Maybe I need to get some bumper stickers made about "Save the Alfas be a Organ Donor"

Stay tuned for more on Verde organ donor project.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More of the Verde donor project

More of the Verde donor project:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saga continues

Saga continues. Where am I going to put all this stuff still in truck?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
You can put the transaxle on a Greyhound to San Diego! :)

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
48 hrs! Man, Norfolk is brutal.

I thought Skip only smiled like that when he was working on a 4 cyl. I guess tearing apart a 6 cyl. is okay - as long as he doesn't have to put it back together. He does seem to be making sort of a modified gesture toward the camera - no doubt in grateful recognition of what you got him into.

Thanks Steve, great shots of another mission of mercy.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can put the transaxle on a Greyhound to San Diego! :)
We had hoped to get two of them but us old tired Z(retired) folks just ran out of steam at 1730 hours today and Skip is wimping out on me for tomorrow.

Can't save all the parts everytime.

But we gave it a good old Navy man try!

·
Registered
503 Posts
looks as bad as i did last weekend, found out the junk yard got a bunch of new saabs, benz's and bmw's so my brother and i went after church.... a wheel barrow or two later we did pretty good going back next payday to get more :D : (Stand up) Hi my name is jason and i am adicted to the junk yard (sit down)

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Great job, Steve and Skip!

I'm sorry you got stuck with the work. I thought the "team" were going to do something with the cars. I guess they didn't work fast enough, huh?

Thanks for all the pics. It's sad to see two more Verdes bite the dust, but this way...more Alfas will live again.

·
Premium Member
26,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great job, Steve and Skip!

I'm sorry you got stuck with the work. I thought the "team" were going to do something with the cars. I guess they didn't work fast enough, huh?

Thanks for all the pics. It's sad to see two more Verdes bite the dust, but this way...more Alfas will live again.

Latest pipe dream for the donor organs:

Jim and Don,

WE CAME FROM THE DUMP BIG TIME!

I am awash in Save the Verde bumperless stickers! Rape the Verdes was a success but it tired out the team members. ALEVE to the rescue.

Now have two Verde 3.0 engines added to 164 engines in garage, transaxle, exhaust, 5 phone dial wheels and Verde body kit in back yard.

Skip, Kent and I one Monday plus Joe Mahar, Skip and I again yesterday pillared and plundered for two days.

LONG RANGE PLAN Joe and I dreamed up today is since Team Stupido original cast lead by team manager Rick had pipe dreams to race Alex's Rosso Verde and City of Norfolk said no team headquarters at Shawn's house, We will work towards converting Joe's blue one owner Milano Silver to Sleeper Silver with Verde organs. Stay tuned for Pipe Dream II as the saga unfolds within the next 10 light years.

Bruce I think there is a story in this somewhere as your Verde was one of the Donors.

Alfisto Steve

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'd tell you to build a utility trailer from the rear-end assembly (less the T/A of course), but it looks like you already have one. As a point of reference, the Verde T/A I sold on eBay about a year ago went for ~$600. At ~150 lbs, FedEx Freight cost to go half-way across the country was $150 IIRC. Of course, it had to be put on a pallet - wasn't too terrible of a job, but not the most fun I've ever had.

Curious, did you have a friend at the junkyard so that you could haul the cars there and then dismantle everything as yours? That was a lucky break considering the time-crunch you were under.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts