Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Push hard and live
8,910 Posts
Well, yes. But now you'll bear the stigma of being a Porsche owner. Did they come with any gold chains?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Porsches

Had several ones before so I'm not really new to the brand. Gold chains? That came with the Corvette I refused to purchase. Interested? Besides, I still have several Alfas. :)

·
Push hard and live
8,910 Posts
All in good fun.

When I ran a BAP/Geon store near Houston many years ago, we observed traits associated with various types. This was in the 70's, to give it context.

Porsche owners, by far, provided the most eye-rolling moments.

Looks to me like you got a smoking deal.

·
Registered
11,639 Posts
If the '67 is really a 911S and in what appears to be very good original condition you surely have a massive bargain.

I'd sell the '77 to fund any work required on the classis/historic '67
Pete

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porsches

Thank you all for your great comments! Yes, I really got lucky being at the right place at the right time! I think I'm keeping both. I do have plans for both cars already. :)

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
Porsche People are cool! Got to hang out with them when they had their convention this June. They loved the Race Car. They were also glad to find out I repair the Bosch Ignition Boxes.
Cool score!! They are fun cars. You'll have to join Pelican Forum now!! AlfaRules is there!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Porsches

Thank you! I've been a member of Pelican for a decade now. Have been toying around with Porsches for quite sometime now.

·
Push hard and live
8,910 Posts
Porsche People are cool! Got to hang out with them when they had their convention this June. They loved the Race Car. They were also glad to find out I repair the Bosch Ignition Boxes.
Cool score!! They are fun cars. You'll have to join Pelican Forum now!! AlfaRules is there!
Hmmmm. Porsche people "think" they're cool. There is a difference.

·
Push hard and live
8,910 Posts
I think we all think we're cool regardless of what vintage car we're driving. :)
Actually, and no kidding, this is not true. If one absorbs Jung and Keirsey, it is only the Extraverts that think they're cool. Or want to be. They make up about 60% of the population. Introverts don't give a **** how they appear.

·
Push hard and live
8,910 Posts
To be fair, these are excellent cars to restore and drive. I enjoy the earlier, less refined models. A more visceral experience. I just spent too many years facing peculiar Porsche owners to allow myself to join their ranks.

I have a hunch the stereotype best fits the new-car buyer rather than a dedicated hobbyist that never quite gets his fingernails clean.

I hope you'll keep this thread updated with your progress.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts