Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone:

Short timing I know, but a group of us NorCal Fiat/Alfa people are road-tripping down to SoCal for the Best of France and Italy car show. I think that there will be many Photo Ops, and i thought that a dashcam would be a great way to go. Tris from the Alfa Club is using the Ambarella 0803, but I am unclear on how to get a screen grab/jpg (e.g. for sharing on Social Media) versus the videos that it takes.

Has anyone used a dashcam that is good at taking photos that are then share-able on the web without a lot of rigmarole?

I would love to hear everyone's experiences and

THANKS

Andy

·
Registered
846 Posts
Has anyone used a dashcam that is good at taking photos that are then share-able on the web without a lot of rigmarole?
No, I don't use my video camera for still pics.

Although it has a 'photo mode', it would be a pain in the neck to switch modes while driving, or dismount it, switch modes, take the shot, then put it back in the mount every time I wanted a photo.

I understand you are more interested in the still shots, so I apologize my comments aren't too helpful because I usually emphasize video footage over stills…. but use it as food for thought…

- I mount the digital video camera and let it run for all video footage that gets edited later. I change video camera locations during the day just to have different angles to edit from and make the result more interesting to watch.
- I bring a separate dedicated camera for all still photos that are fun to edit into the final video clip.
- And have my iPhone for back-up.

Have a great trip!
- Art

1 - 3 of 3 Posts