Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondered if anyone is interested in seeing a few photos from this year's Revival? More to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goodwood Revival 2007 No.2

Second of 4 posts of photos. Alfas and US cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goodwood Revival 2007 No.3

More photos from this years meeting. Sorry I can't seem to post them as thumbnails. Stirling Moss in the 250GTO.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goodwood Revival 2007 No.4

Last one! Iso Bizzarrini before and after a monster mash. Driver Martin Stretton was OK apart from a broken elbow, but the car was a mess.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Last one! Iso Bizzarrini before and after a monster mash. Driver Martin Stretton was OK apart from a broken elbow, but the car was a mess.
Oh, my... that is a mess... It's good to hear that the driver was OK, ... and now he can move on to fix his car...

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
"A MESS"...? That's putting it mildly...obviously I'm not a 'wrench', but THAT looks like a total disaster to me!!! If 'she' was mine I'd still be crying...

Regards

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great photos, especially of the blue Shelby Daytona coupe.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Great photos, especially of the blue Shelby Daytona coupe.
I like the 3rd photo with the (?) '66 Barracuda and the (?) '63 Ford Galaxie. That full sized Ford must be a handful in the corners.:)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think the blue Corvette Gran Sports are just incredible... right up there with the Cobra Daytona Coupe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Galaxies in England.

I like the 3rd photo with the (?) '66 Barracuda and the (?) '63 Ford Galaxie. That full sized Ford must be a handful in the corners.:)
I remember when the Galaxies first arrived at circuits in Britain. They were considered a joke - until we saw how how fast they were. And of course, they were difficult to overtake! The classic British saloon car racers at the time were Minis, Imps, Ford Anglias and Cortinas, and Jaguars - each of them dwarfed by the Galaxies. Racing was exciting, to say the least, on many of the tight circuits; the fastest brits would be all over them in the bends, only to get left behind on the straights. This often averaged out and provided really close races. Alan Mann was the first to enter these American Fords, and he hired quality drivers, but this paved the way for many more entries of American sedans; among them the Camaro, which was probably the most successful. I never saw the Barracuda or Mercury Comet race back then, but the Plymouth beat all the others at Goodwood, after the faster Mustangs were eliminated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Goodwood Revival 2007

Sorry....I meant to attach this photo to my post above.
See what I mean about 'difficult to pass'? :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
What was the estimated value of the Iso Bizzarrini car that was in the accident?
The street version would probably be somewhere between US$250,000 - $350,000. A period racer would be more (especially in Europe, any car with FIA papers commands a premium), particularly if it had significant period race history, in which case it could be substantially more.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts