Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sad and sorry to report that the world has lost another Montreal, as mine was caught up in the recent Woolsey (Malibu) fire in California, and was destroyed, along with the garage in which it was sitting and the adjacent house. It was insured, (although, due to the recent increase in its vale, under-insured), but I nevertheless feel sad and guilty that another example of a wonderful and endangered species has perished while under my care. :crying2:

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,863 Posts
Not your fault, man. Sorry for your losses but glad you personally are okay.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am sad and sorry to report that the world has lost another Montreal, as mine was caught up in the recent Woolsey (Malibu) fire in California, and was destroyed, along with the garage in which it was sitting and the adjacent house. It was insured, (although, due to the recent increase in its vale, under-insured), but I nevertheless feel sad and guilty that another example of a wonderful and endangered species has perished while under my care. :crying2:

The important thing is that you and your family is safe. The car as awful as it is can be replaced.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Sorry to hear. I was astounded at how ferocious those fires were. Glad you and your family are safe. So you house was saved? Just the garage destroyed?

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Glad you and your family are safe. An Alfa Romeo is important but no where near as important as family.
Pete

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
AS with the raging fire that came so fast, it is hard to decide what can you take and what to leave. You are safe and you can rebuild. Cars can be replaced, it can never be the same as the one you had.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear. I was astounded at how ferocious those fires were. Glad you and your family are safe. So you house was saved? Just the garage destroyed?
Thanks for all the kind words. The garage was attached to the garage, and both were burned to the ground, along with other houses in the neighborhood. Our tool shed and a tack shed a few yards away were totally unscathed. Go figure.

Right before we had to evacuate, we managed to move my '69 Spider and park it in the nearby Zuma Beach parking lot, hoping for the best. After we evacuated and the fire went through, we were not allowed back, so we didn't know the fate of the house and the 2 Alfas until we were allowed to return to the scene Sunday (yesterday). The one good news is that other than being covered with a thin layer of white ash (which also infiltrated into the interior), the Spider survived just fine.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I am so happy to know that you and your family survived. Very sad for the loss of your possessions. Tom Shaunessy had a 250 Ferrari in similar condition, in storage, waiting to be resurrected. I suspect you can find another Montreal if you desire. Prayers send for your recovery.

Mark

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
It's just a car after all.

If some humor is to be found...call Alex Manos! It looks like the kind of car he'd be interested in.

Also, knowing some of the Californians as I do...you might be able to sell it more as an installation piece of art than as a Montreal.

Good luck with it, whatever happens.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry to hear about your losses but glad that you and your family are all safe.

Car wise must be a bit bitter sweet that one made it, one didn’t....

We feel for you down here in Oz, we know full well how devastating the fires can be.

Just about to enter ‘our’ fire season and they are predicting a nasty one.

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wilkie, So sorry to see that. My wife and her cousin just left to go sift through the ashes at his place which appears to be close to yours. He was visiting his daughter in Germany so the good news for him was that his car was at LAX and he had a big suitcase full of clothes. The bad news, like yours, is that everything else is gone. He used to run California Car Cover in the valley and collected car memorabilia for years. I have seen the pictures and the only thing left of his place is 6 inches of gray and white ash.

There are several agencies offering help. Don't hesitate to take it if you need it. You can also PM me if there is anything you need help with, I'm in Ventura.

Again, so sorry to see that.

·
Registered
466 Posts

Dirk and I so sorry for your lost of things, BUT very happy to hear that you and your family are safe and well. Nohing counts more ! I know that you loved your Monti so much...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hi there mate!
I am really sorry to see what you have lost in the fires. I know you are safe and well and your family too. Also a shame that you bought some things from me for your Montreal... Let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance. Take care! All the best!!!

Karl Robertson

1 - 20 of 31 Posts