Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I'm new to this, and need a really GOOD (experienced) Alfa mechanic for my '84 Spider in southern Ct. Help?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Alfa Mechanic

There's a shop in White Plains that I have heard consistently good stuff about, Dominic's. The guy who runs it is named Santo, I met him at Limerock where he races. Very nice guy, I cannot, however speak first hand because I haven't had the need to use him yet. I plan on getting some stuuf done there over the winter.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Took my Spider to Santo and Frank (brothers) at Domenick's in White Plains when I first got her. They gave her the once over and a clean bill of health with some recommendations of non-urgent maintenance to be considered over the next year or so. Very nice guys but run a busy shop so call them right away.
Domenick's European Car Repair, Inc
148 Ferris Avenue
White Plains, NY
914-949-0103

Chris

·
Registered
91 Posts
check the AONE website (velocissma.com) for their new england service directory. there is a recommended shop in Hamden and one in West Haven.

·
Registered
285 Posts
He seems to not be taking in new business. Where in CT are you looking to hav e the work done? There are a couple of places near Hartford that can work on Spiders, two around New Haven. There is a guy in southwestern MA (not far from Rt 8 across the border) who specializes in Italian cars.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,529 Posts
Alfa's Unlimited

Keith is still there. Use THIS web address <[email protected]> or CALL Keith @ 860-618-5132, or his cell 860-485-8956. He is one of the "good-guys"!:cool: Tell him I sent you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure what "good" means here but I'll take it to mean mechanics who have Alfa experience (even if it's not their focus)...

Prospect Foreign Car in West Hartford, CT is expensive but knows alfas. Franco is the owner and he'd be good in a pinch. Be prepared to pay top dollar.

I like Imported Auto in Glastonbury. Angelo makes his living from servicing the Volvos and BMWs of the locals and doesn't advertise his Alfa expertise but he's a closet alfitsi and does the hard work at a reasonable price. For example, he sorted the electrical of my '86 quad, which had suffered the tortures of the salt air of the Maine shoreline in a previous life. Now, I have two headlights, two tail lights, turn signals and everything. Imagine that! He also helped me prioritize a long list of maintenance issues I need to deal with.

It's nice to know there are Alfa gurus out there, but it's also nice to know about shops we can trust for less complicated work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have used Alfa Motors in Bridgeport and Automotive Restorations Inc. (ARI) in Milford. I currently use ARI for all of my Alfa's needs (mechanical, routine maintenance, storage, etc). Both of these shops are very good.

Good luck!

If you need more info/names, PM me.

Craig

·
Registered
1983 Spider Veloce
23 Posts
I know the struggle of owning one in CT!!! Very few options, but here’s one more: Keane’s Autoworks in New Bedford, NY (near Fairfield County) and ask for Orazio Bouetti. I worked as an apprentice for three years (weekends in high school) under Orazio and Justin at Mr. Keane’s second shop in Ridgefield, CT, which unfortunately closed in 2020. Oratz used to be an Alfa mechanic and owns a 70s spider of his own. Justin is doin his thing in Newtown, CT. Yeah, they’re incredibly knowledgeable, and trusted with rare cars. My favorite was a perfectly restored Jaguar XJ120, but don’t tell my Spider that…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts