Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally I'd like a US source but I can't be too picky. Anyone know if a good source for a front nose panel for a Giulia Sedan?

I saw them here:

http://www.classicalfa.com/shop/category33_1.htm

And here:

Panels

But I imagine shipping to be very high if it is even available.

Anyone know of a good source? Is the quality good or do the panels require tons of work to fit?

Thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
Don't under any circumstances use cheap panels. You get what you pay for. Both of these companies have a good reputation and offer an excellent service. The panel fit from what I've seen is close to factory, if not better. You could also try EB Spares. Shipping isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I don't imagine there being many manufacturers making the panels, I'd imagine no more than one or two? They probably sell them through several Alfa parts sources though? If anyone can recommend one they had good experience with please let me know!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I've bought several Super panels from ClassicAlfa and have been very satified with the quality, fit and reasonable shipping !

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the classic Alfa site, did you notice the two cut outs on the panel they picture? My car has no cutouts like that.....hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The cut-outs were a later modification on the Nuova Super panel which the currently available panels are a reproduction of. They are intended to feed a bit more air to the taller and narrower late style radiator.

You can either run it like that, make it look more period by cutting it out slightly larger with more rounded corners and fit little wire mesh grilles, or weld up the extra vent holes and make it look original.

On the classic Alfa site, did you notice the two cut outs on the panel they picture? My car has no cutouts like that.....hmmmm.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Don't know about standard on all models for the lower cutout. Definitely wasn't on the early ones. I got my lower panel from Henk Prins at classicalfaparts.com

I am keeping the holes as they pretty mush sit behind the front bumper anyway

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Oh, and with the one I got and the first ones you've shown from Classic Alfa you still need to cut out the indicator holes. The fit was quite good.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here is my panel as of this morning, I need some advice as to the cross member. Does the front panel also get seam welded to the crossmember? Or does it just stay in place through the exterior body panels?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As you can see here, the member is mostly solid but the lowest section of it has seen better days, I may replace it if I can figure out which part it is here:

(early or late? too many choices on site!)

Panels

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nice work there! Front panel should be spot welded to crossmember.
Your crossmember looks the early one, it has back side on both ends 8mm mounting bolt holes for radiator, right? The late one has one U-brakcet for radiator mounting.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Yes, front crossmember has made of two pieces, seems that "face plate" is the part what you needed, #5109 on Highwood site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts