Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone out there suggest the best place to shop for parts re 1966 Giulia Sprint gt Veloce. I plan on getting some things done over the winter in Toronto, such as door hinges, seal gaskets for the engine, shocks springs, exhaust brake pads rotors, since this is my first Alfa not sure if my wheels take centre caps or hub caps, signal lights, THANKS in advance Kempton

·
Registered
265 Posts
Kempton:

For your first Alfa you picked a good one. In addition to the two sources Andrew lists I would include (in no particular order):

International Auto Parts
Eriminas Imports
Classic Auto Parts (UK)
Dave Rugh (springs)
Alfaholics (UK)

Good luck with your GTV!

Bob Stewart
'73 GTV

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Stooie...I now have plenty of options to find what I need. My 66 sprint gt actually doesn't need much, Im going to get a full replacement of suspension , tires, rebuild the dual side draft webers, tune up the engine etc. I know very little about these cars but being Italian, I always thought these pre 70 models were a piece of ART. thanks again

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
Can anyone out there suggest the best place to shop for parts re 1966 Giulia Sprint gt Veloce.
The "best place" is the place that has the parts you need in stock. Given the low volume of Alfa parts sales, not all suppliers will have everything that you need at any given time. This is particularly true in North America, where suppliers receive their parts shipments only a few times a year.

Most Alfa specialty suppliers offer similar prices, so it is tough to distinguish there. Some people have saved money buying common Alfa parts through generic suppliers like Rock Auto and Amazon. While I'm sure that can be done, my sense is that you will have to deal with a lot of incorrect parts to earn your savings.

Living in Toronto, you'll probably save on shipping by dealing with N. American suppliers when ordering large/heavy parts. But for small/light items, the UK and German suppliers can be surprisingly competitive on total cost, as well as delivery time. And the European suppliers tend to carry more of the old/obscure parts.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alfajay, good to know re the UK and Germany, that makes sense as to having more parts in Europe vs usa. much appreciated, Kempton

1 - 9 of 9 Posts