Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
The 91 164S project is mechanically completed. Running strong and smooth.
This long weekend's plan was to block the body & do all of my paint prep work. Unfortunately, upon my return home from work on Saturday afternoon, I was met with a large tree branch on top of my beloved Alfa, OY!
The insurance company actually has a clue as to the car, unfortunately, the term total loss has been mentioned due to the rarity of parts. In short, I need a complete sunroof, the whole thing, from rails to motor. Also a front passenger side window motor.
Does anyone have these items laying around?
Waiting on word from insurance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Good luck dealing with the insurance company. I needed a window motor and ended up buying a new one I found on the European based E-bay. It was Alfa OEM and came from a seller in eastern Europe. My mechanic was able to install it with out too much effort or stress. I think I paid under US$100 including shipping.

From what I have been told, some of the sunroof clips and parts are fragile and difficult to find. Jason, APE and Di Fatta Brothers are good sources for 164 parts unless someone comes forward with a parts stash. You may have to sacrifice the sunroof and have them weld in a panel and seal it up. That would be worst case scenario. Or search the European Ebay for such parts. That is how I found my fog lamp covers for my LS when one of mine popped off on the highway.

Cheers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would never do that. Been restoring eurotoys for 30 years. Worst case scenario, I will 3D print any clips & stuff. Just have to get around the insurance company.
Thanks for the info! I will get in touch with your sources.

·
Premium Member
27,090 Posts
You can get the complete sun roof assembly out of a 164 parts car but you need to remove the head liner to get to mounting screws to unmount entire assembly tracks, pan from under side of roof. As for R/F window regulator assembly the motor probably so if regulator gears stripped you need whole assembly. APE Larry Dickerson in CA your best bet for both items.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, Waiting on insurance. In a holding pattern.
No stranger to making chicken salad from chicken ****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts