Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm new to Alfa's and to this board as well. I'm going to be taking delivery of a 1990 Alfa Spider in Santa Fe in a week or so. The car comes from a good friend who says that it will need a comprehensive tune-up upon arrival. It has 80K miles. Does anybody know of a good Alfa mechanic in the Santa Fe, NM area? Thanks very much!

·
1990 164QV Euro spec & 1991 168B
28,363 Posts
Find Gordon Self he is good one. Ask John Smallwood in SF where he is or who he uses.

·
Registered
69 Posts
60 miles south in ABQ there's Gordon at Performance Imports, corner of Lomas and Washington. jeff and Gordon SAAB and Alfa. I just got my Alfa about 6mos. ago and Gordon checked it out. Also used to have a couple of SAABS that Jeff worked on. Good shop! I lived in Santa Fe awhile back and took my SAAB to I think it was Smart Automative, Jim may do some work on your Alfa.

HTH, Robert

Maybe see you driving around my wife works in SF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Found him! I've used the guys on Washington, but they are expensive.

New Mexico Chapter - AROC
Bob Furlong
5738 Cletsoway Dr. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105-6747
505-873-5537
Email: Bob Furlong

Winston

·
Registered
69 Posts
Found him! I've used the guys on Washington, but they are expensive.

New Mexico Chapter - AROC
Bob Furlong
5738 Cletsoway Dr. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87105-6747
505-873-5537
Email: Bob Furlong

Winston
Hey Winston thanks for the info! I'll definitely check out Bob. It's good to have some options albeit Performance is only a couple blocks away from my house...:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in Santa Fe and have had my car towed to Performance Imports for work, they're great. I'd still probably trust them more than anyone else locally for picky Alfa issues (SPICA, for example), but I wouldn't mind having a closer resource for simpler stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey timefly,

Is your Alfa gold in color? The reason I ask, is that I've seen a gold spider, around your year, in the neighborhood parked at a house and then have seen it parked at the shop. It looks like a good project car with a good body from a distance.

Robert

·
Registered
8 Posts
>Is your Alfa gold in color?

Hi Robert - no, my Spider is cream colored. Definitely a project car, definitely best seen from a distance. It looks an awful lot like the parts spider that was parked at Performance Imports last year for a while (may still be there, I'll find out when I have it towed down there next time).

I'm in Eldorado, if you've seen my parked car when you're driving on Vista Grande, that's probably me. If it's a dark brownish gold you've seen, I think I've seen the same car out on the freeway.

Best,

robert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.