Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if an S1 dash would fit an S2 spider? I know the windshield rake is different but I think the base of the windshield is the same. If I'm not mistaken the earliest kammtails had the roundtail metal dashboard and perhaps the jr's did as well. Just kicking around an idea or two...

·
Premium Member
14,768 Posts
I had a 1970 camtail - the first year, a Canadian car, and it had the later style dash.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You are correct, the 1600cc engined Junior Kamm tail spiders did have the older metal dash, so these I believe should fit striaght into a later car. Best to try UK alfa parts suppliers/wreckers like Classicalfa or Highwoodalfa as they may have these available second hand for you. (dont look as nice as the twin binnacles of the later models though!)

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh, it just occurred to me looking at the link that Alleggerita posted that the heater that is definitely different. The earlier Alfa has a separate control pod and there is a nifty trap door in the front of the heater box that dumps hot air to the legs. I would need to come up with some alternative arrangement (or scavenge the appropriate controls)...

More to consider...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts