Alfa Romeo Forums banner

221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kind of reminds me of the conundrum about what happens when a car's VIN tag is separated from a car, and you end up with two cars with the same VIN. Can be problematic with high-dollar cars. Example (as I recall it): a 69 Yenko 427 Camaro was wrecked and totaled. Someone cuts out the VIN tag and sells it. Then attaches the tag to another 69 Camaro, restored to the same specs as the original car. While this is happening, someone buys the totaled car from the junkyard, has a VIN tag made for it (yes, same number), and restores it back to original condition. They cars are titled in different states.

So, which one is legit? I guess the question is where does the identify or soul of the car reside? In the tag? Or in the body? Firewall?

Anyway, didn't want to derail the thread, just a detour that addresses the automotive equivalent of the Ship of Theseus.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Triggers broom, called my 14yr old son in to watch that sketch.......priceless !

And of the build.......a pleasure to see the skill and effort it takes to create such a thing......hats off to you sir !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi,

Saw a video of this car yesterday. Cool build! What's up with the door seals though? Looks like they have been replaced by a modern version?

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Sebastiaan,

Is the video available for public consumption?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
The door seals are actually Spider seals. The carbon doors are so light that the conventional seals would not allow the door to latch. The Spider seal is much softer and is a dream to install on the body seam. I wonder why they didn't go that route in there first place...

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I've been driving my '67 Duetto for a few decades with the Sliding Block rear suspension I took out of my last race car. Other than needing a lot of regular maintenance (lube of the slider), It makes driving around local streets very nice. Corners like a slot car with no body lean, which is the major problem with the high T-Bar link.

And still original Alfa.

Robert
robert... how many times we have to go through this? :) all things equal, sliding block lower's the RC, lower RC increase moment from the roll coupling. means its softer or will lean more in the corners over the stock T-bar.

you still have it inverse after all these years?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Plus the front controls body roll on these cars
Pete

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Someone has to be the first to drop in a 300hp 2L motor in a 105. Wonder where one could find one of those:)

·
Premium Member
13,449 Posts
300 HP is not a problem for a turbo 2L

·
Registered
83 Posts
The door seals are actually Spider seals. The carbon doors are so light that the conventional seals would not allow the door to latch. The Spider seal is much softer and is a dream to install on the body seam. I wonder why they didn't go that route in there first place...
Thanks!

That video was here, by the way. Nice car, nice guy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Especially the Giulia 2L motor. There are a lot of wrecked Giulias on the CoPart website for sale too.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts