Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing a dashboard replacement. I was able to remove the glove box latch from the original dashboard, but I’m not able to install it into the new door. It never quite fit right in the original so I’m wondering if this is even the right latch. But it did work. The main issue is I cannot get the spring on properly. There seems to be a straight piece that should go into a hole on the latch, but there is no hole for it to go into. Should I put the spring on first? Or put it into the latch and then force it down around the ring? I have tried every which way and cannot get this back on. Ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
The plastic body of the latch should have a hole to the straight spring end to go into. The hike can be hard to see since it’s only about .050 in diameter . If it doesn’t have a hole there is no way I’m aware of to make it work. You can drill a small hole for the spring pin …

Reactions: vbisbest

·
Registered
29 Posts
I disassembled and reassembled my glove box door about a year ago. If I remember correctly, that blue piece of tape in the picture below is pointing to the tiny hole in the plastic cylinder that goats describes.

Wood Telephony Rectangle Material property Communication Device

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The plastic body of the latch should have a hole to the straight spring end to go into. The hike can be hard to see since it’s only about .050 in diameter . If it doesn’t have a hole there is no way I’m aware of to make it work. You can drill a small hole for the spring pin …
This was exactly right, thank you! I had to give the metal ring a few more twists before I was able to see it.

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Did you buy an aftermarket replacement dash?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts