Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
what car is that? S3 or S4 spider?
Must say I have never seen such a hinge...over here in europe at least!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 1986 spider. There are 2 holes caddy corner from each other on the outside of the slot where the bar sits. I would assume they are there for a reason...

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
OK....so it must be a 86 and earlier thing!!.....;)
any offers over 86?

just came across one that was sold on ebay from an 86:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yep I saw that but have not really figured out how the bracket would go on the glove box side. I believe that the bracket in the picture is to hold the arm on the lid side. I am more interested to know what goes on the other side (glove box plastic frame) if anything at all.

My only thought would be maybe there is a plastic that snaps in there.. or some kind of stop so you don't wear out/crack the plastic...

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
yep I saw that but have not really figured out how the bracket would go on the glove box side. I believe that the bracket in the picture is to hold the arm on the lid side. I am more interested to know what goes on the other side (glove box plastic frame) if anything at all.

My only thought would be maybe there is a plastic that snaps in there.. or some kind of stop so you don't wear out/crack the plastic...
There is not a stop on mine ( I would think there should be) but that's all there is. the 2 holes nxt to the slot are just 2 holes for what I "dunno". when I removed same, nothing was in those holes.
Take a look @ mine

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonder if alfa was planning on putting something there but decided not to. Wonder if the S4 had something there.

Thanks for the pics!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts