Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am removing the dashboard for my 72 gtv and I am looking for some advice how to remove the glove box and small door. It appears the glove box is riveted to a small metal plate. I just can't seem to figure out how to remove it. Any tips or ideas before I start breaking things. :D

cheers

palito

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,568 Posts
don't need to remove the glove box to get the dash out, two 6mm? (10mm head) bolts behind the center defrost dash vents and two studs on each side of dash and it all comes out as one

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Thanks from me too for that easy answer gigem - that will make my coming weekend work much easier. Just need to label EVERY wire!

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
at least four black ground wires on the left side stud.

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
perhaps a little more detail is in order:) first to get to the center bolts you have to take the defroster vents out and it involves a bunch of finaggaling? they want to hit the windshield, once out you'll see the bolts. When taking the instrument pod out don't forget the trip reset knob, a deep 14 or 9/16's will get the nut off. Probably the most important when putting the pod back in do not try and seat the pod back to the dash by using the screws. All you'll do is break off the ears on the side of the pod. pull the pod back with the tach and speedo cables, after you have reattached of course. Then put the two screws in. When you see an instrument pod with broken ears that is why and there are more out there than you care to think. Hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts