Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find a modern equivalent paint code for a Glasso paint used in 1973. The code is GL 28090 and the colour is yellow.

I have been searching all known sites without any luck and I don't have part with the paint on to have colour matched by local paint supplier.

Chas

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
For what kind of car?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was originally on a 1973 TVR 3000M and is a really warm sunny colour i wanted to reproduce it.

Chas

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
I think finding a formula for this color may be rather difficult because TVR was not widely enough distributed to supply repair shops with color chips. Your best option may be to find existing owners and/or a club or register where such information may have accumulated.

Glasso and Glassomax were Glasurit brands, but the Glasurit color library web site lists TVR colors only for about the 1994-2004 time frame. The color names and numbers for that period follow a completely different pattern than the one described above, which probably will make the search even more difficult.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
as Ruedi says, join a TVR club or Forum and they should be able to help. It was a fairly popular 70's colour on british cars.

for instance could try here (you need to be a member to open the file), they seem to have a colour list for the 70's M series TVR....but whether that is just a chip card (like the photo below) or whether it includes modern paint mix codes, I don't know.
TVR Car Club of North America

This was the TVR chip chart of the time (which I presume is where you got the Glasso code from):

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Reudi,

Even though I have a pdf copy of the original TVR colours for the year in question I have drawn a blank.

I even called Glasurit and the lady I spoke to searched their old files and even they haven't got any reference which will give us a modern paint code reference for the colour.

The last resort would have been to take a sample of the original paint on the car to have a colour analysis done, but none of the original paint exists as the car has been resprayed three times from new, going through white, green and back to yellow.

I am going to have it repainted in a yellow which i like best which is ans near to the original as we can get with only a pdf copy of the original TVR colour card.
Thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Charlie

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Dom,

That is the colour card I already have although the copy you posted is better than my copy.

I am a member of the TVR Car Club (as well as the Alfa Romeo Owners Club in the UK) and that has also drawn a blank. They only have a copy of the colour card you posted.

I will try the TVR Club of America, you never know, they may be able to help.

Thanks for your interest.

Charlie

Giulietta Cloverleaf tbi
156 2.5l Sportwagon
Giulia GTC
MGA 16oo MkII
TVR 3000M
TVR Chimaera

1 - 7 of 7 Posts