Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
The original question here regarded valuing a Giulietta/giulia spider. No one provided any price gauges. No numbers were given on value, only on cost plus basis ( I bought it for X and put Y more into it). On EBay regularly sellers are requesting $52,000 up to $95,000 U.S. But there are no buyers at these high prices. The cars list and re-list continually, and act as a price ceiling more than an ad for a car sales. Recently a 101.23 was bid to $42,000 but did not meet the reserve price. A week later the same car was re-listed with a Buy It price of $52,000. Then, No bidders!

Is there this continued disbelief in owners valuation versus what buyers will pay? It doesn't help set values for the rest of us. I am not talking rust buckets here nor fully gone-over vehicles handled by the major national auctions. I am talking restored, but driven and enjoyed and well maintained 101s. I have a hard time valuing a car for more than people will pay.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.