Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
26,023 Posts
You could review completed sales and no-sales on ebay to get some idea of what folks are bidding for such projects. Biggest issues are overall body condition (rust and accidents), completeness and originality of pieces, and whether Veloce/Normale. There's a project Veloce on ebay right now that I'm sure a lot of folks are watching.

Until early 2014, prices were very strong, but have been off by some percentage since then. Seemed like every done Veloce was a $100K car then, that's not the case now.

Projects are hard to value because they all have different good and bad points.
Andrew

· Premium Member
26,023 Posts
After re-reading your note, I think the first thing to decide is whether you really want such a major project, regardless of cost. Giulietta Normale prices are not such that it's not really economical to fully restore one that needs floors, rockers, trunk, the right engine, etc. It's a huge amount of work and money. If you want to do it yourself for the experience and pleasure, great. But if you have to pay for the work you won't come out ahead compared to buying a done car.

I'm in year three of going through a 58 Normale, which was a basically whole, driveable whole car when I got it. I'm doing the work myself on no real schedule, but it's still not cheap and it can really drag out. Still remains to be painted, the biggest potential emotional trauma of all.

Andrew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.