Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the Sprint/Spider Veloce nose air intake has two oulets right where the drivers side head light bucket sits, to connect both the fresh air intake into the cabin and to the air filter.
Are both tubes of the same diameter (80mm I believe)?

Has someone got a photo of the inner nose area so that I can see how the hoses are connected to the air intake, i.e. how the metal work looks like? I thought I have once even seen a drawing of this on the board but don't seem to be able to find it anymore.

many thanks
Sig

·
Administrator
3,897 Posts
Sprint Veloce air intake

Hi Sig

This is an new intake for a Series I Sprint Veloce

These pictures are courtesy of Lionel Velez who made this part for his own Series I Sprint Veloce Confortevole.

The Series II Sprint Veloce part is almost identical except the park/indicator light is carried by the new grill trim, so where you see the light mount on the sheet metal here, it is just a closed air collector in the Series II.

Both tubes are 80mm. I would suggest that you measured the inside of your flexible tubing carefully & sized your steel tube accordingly

Lionel Velez manufactures reproduction sheet metal parts for our little jewels & he might just have the template of what you need in stock, it may be worth checking with him before you start cutting & welding.

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Greig (and Lionel in fact),

thanks for the useful information and for the fast response. This is very much appreciated!

Sig

·
Registered
136 Posts
Waking up this topic after a few years. I wondered if anybody has a good photograph of the drivers side air intake on a series 2 ( transition....just in case that complicates things any further!!!) sprint veloce? Or knows of a used part hanging around somewhere?
Thank you,
David
(London UK)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts