Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 335 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
These should be framed and hanging at the Louvre. WoW!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just for a little extra torment, has anyone seen a kit with items # 14, 15, 16 and 17 in the attached photo from the early 101 owner's manual ? They are specific to the Veloce/SS/SZ. Note that the eBay kit shown in post #47 above shows item #14.

If anyone has an example of #14, 15 or 16, I'm in the market.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tool pouch

Where exactly does the tool pouch get secured in the car? I have a 1963 Giulia Spider. As far as I know the jack gets strapped in behind the passenger seat but where does the tool kit go???

Larry McKeough

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Another Hammer Source

Following up on an old thread.

Apparently Hammer Source no longer carries the hammer that George purchased for his kit. But, I was able to find something similar at Blacksmith Depot.

You want to order the 210 gram French Hammer. The size of it is within a 1/16" of the dimensions given earlier in this thread. Cost, $12.00 plus shipping.

It's a little fancy with some red plastic do-dads and some writing on the side, but it can be scuffed up or re-finished as desired to make it look at home in your tool roll. Like all of these hammers, it is too long and needs to be cut down a little.

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Following up on an old thread.

Apparently Hammer Source no longer carries the hammer that George purchased for his kit.

Paul
Hi Paul,

Three weeks ago I ordered two of the hammers George purchased from Hammer Source (200 grams french pattern hammers P 1601-0200) and to my understanding they were just temporarily out of stock with new delivery from Germany in the end of April.

Nevertheless, I admit I couldn´t any longer find this specific hammer on their webside either, but the customer service never did mention anything about no longer carring it after placing my order. I better write to them right away what the heck is going on so they don´t send me some kind of out of line BS substitudes.....

If you wish to query, ask for Jennifer

The Hammer Source
Toll Free 877-496-2537
Chicago Area 630-778-0580
Fax 630-778-9062
[email protected]
www.hammersource.com
"Hundreds of Hammers!!"

Dennis

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I just obtained this hammer on eBay and I was the only bidder. Then the seller listed a second hammer, and there were no bids.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I just obtained this hammer on eBay and I was the only bidder. Then the seller listed a second hammer, and there were no bids.
Hi Bob,

Yep, I saw it there, it must have been the one for $120 or $150, wasn´t it? Which is a big difference from $18,95 and looking pretty much identical to the original one.....I´m aware of yours (now) is the original item, but for me personally, it was a pretty steep price and especially after I almost bled out buying all possible items, missing or new ones, for my Sprint the last couple of years.

And I need two of them, for my Spider as well....

Dennis

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Nice to hear there are multiple sources Dennis. I didn't find it on the Hammer Source Web site either. I suppose those Hammer Source folks can't anticipate us Alfa blacksmiths making a run on their stock. :)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Nice to hear there are multiple sources Dennis. I didn't find it on the Hammer Source Web site either. I suppose those Hammer Source folks can't anticipate us Alfa blacksmiths making a run on their stock. :)
Paul,

I just got a reply (a minute ago) from Jennifer at Hammer Source:

Hi Dennis,

We sold out of this hammer before it has arrived from Germany, prompting me to get it off the site. Two of the hammers arriving are definitely yours. We'll have it back on the site when I have a reasonable idea of when they will be available (probably 3-4 months).

Sincerely,

Jennifer

The Hammer Source

Toll Free 877-496-2537

Chicago Area 630-778-0580

Fax 630-778-9062

[email protected]

The Hammer Source- Hundreds of Hammers!

"Hundreds of Hammers!!"

Why I absolutely want this one is that it is almost identical to the original one, at least from pics to judge.

Dennis

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
In New England, we have blacksmiths who can make these for two lobsters or a bushel of quohogs.
Rick,

It would cost me 1500 dollars to fly over to the US and get myself to New England, not talking of the price for the two lobsters, plus lately, admission into the US not guaranted !!!!

Just kidding.....

Dennis

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
We sold out of this hammer before it has arrived from Germany, prompting me to get it off the site. We'll have it back on the site when I have a reasonable idea of when they will be available (probably 3-4 months).
A hammer in the hand is worth two in the bush, or something like that. Now, does anyone have an 8/10 mm double ended "Alfa Romeo" spanner they don't need.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That Jennifer at Hammer Source is a tricky one, first she says delivery end of April and in her latest mail of today, probably in 3-4 months. Luckily I´m not in a hurry with it....

Just replied to her to pick up her mind....

Dennis

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
We don't profile.. everyone with blue eyes and blond hair with a Swedish passport is as likely to blow up our Statue of Liberty as anyone with a beard. Besides you might try to smuggle in some Lutheran bibles and some Lutfisk and ruin our seafood industry.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
We don't profile.. everyone with blue eyes and blond hair with a Swedish passport is as likely to blow up our Statue of Liberty as anyone with a beard. Besides you might try to smuggle in some Lutheran bibles and some Lutfisk and ruin our seafood industry.
Ha-ha, tell me about it, lutfisk blaaaa and I don´t want to offend any believers, but bibles and it´s likes, where ever they come from, is nothing for me either.....

P.S. and you forgot the swedish snuff, that´s a menace that once smuggled in could collapse your entire tobacco industry......

Dennis

61 - 80 of 335 Posts