Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I don't know it, but that definitely does not look like the nose of a sprint speciale to me

·
Registered
159 Posts
Has a Bertone kind of nose, probably added to make it look more like a Ferrari. If it is real though needs to be saved. Any other pictures?

·
Registered
9,525 Posts

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
I think you're looking at some of Luigi Colani's work.
I don't think so but it's possible that somebody who was inspired by the Colani car (of the F1 Ferraris of the time) modified the SS.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That was what I was suggesting; just style not provenance. Bertone himself would have changed fender lines and such so it would have been his.

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
I would be interested in more pictures and a chassis/engine number. From there we can work to find out more. :)

·
Registered
4,685 Posts
Comparing the Abarth Colani car against this chassis, there is some resemblance. The only more definitive way would be to have some side and back end shots to see how the roof line and rear light treatment. The factory might have some information. I have not seen a SS in this form before. The center metal peice has two holes, which most likely were for a AR grille of some type if not the SS grille. Would you agree?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Almost looks like the lower part is from a GT/GTV and the pointed part was made to match up. The filler is realy for saftey it is made to pop out as not to damage the metal under it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,525 Posts
Comparing the Abarth Colani car against this chassis, there is some resemblance. The only more definitive way would be to have some side and back end shots to see how the roof line and rear light treatment. The factory might have some information. I have not seen a SS in this form before. The center metal peice has two holes, which most likely were for a AR grille of some type if not the SS grille. Would you agree?
You gotta be kidding me to even contemplate to take this car as a remotely serious contender. Look at the picture in post #12 once more: Look through the driver side headlight and try to explain where the steering box, rocker panel and rear axle should be. Ahem.

I can believe this car was an SS at some point in time, but now it's nothing but a wreck that, at some point in its life, has seen some abuse by what seems to be a body shop apprentice after a crash that requiered a nose job.

Compare the silhouette of the car (and specifically the front fenders) in picture in Post #12 to this SS press picture (from a CarDisc CD) and you may get the idea:

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want to know if someone know this car. As far as I know, it was new delivered in Brussels, Belgium. The body has been changed. That's all I know.
Is there someone who knows this car? Can You give me more information about it? like:
Who changed the body? When did they do it?
Maybe someone has some photos of the car while racing or ralleying, maybe in Belgium or France; because there are traces of it on the car: there are racing-seats, it is likely that here has been a roll-bar; there was a cart-readinglight in the car; the body was styled to have more streamline and so on.
If you know the car, please give me all the details.

Luciano

·
Registered
808 Posts
SS special

Hi Luciano

Am I missing something here?

You have been requested a chassis number to try and identify it! Is it a Giulia or a G'etta? But you have declined.

A request as to the date of the photos received a similar response.

Yet you continue to request more info, may I humbly suggest - recognising you are a newbie - that you provide more detail and perhaps you will receive a more acceptable response.

Good luck in your search Richard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts