Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i have some giulietta sv (2nd serie) and a giulietta ss.
giulietta ss needs finishing (see picture).
but i have the opportunity of buying a more special alfa.

but i do not know what to do..

sell the ss like it is now or finish it?

john

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hi John It is a bit of a vexed question. IMO an incompletely restored car (albeit a SS) and from the photo it looks to have been done beautifully, is never going to be as valuable as a completed restoration.

However, and not knowing (or asking) what the other Alfa you are interested in, perhaps there are a number of questions you need to ask yourself. How much finance do you need to buy the "new" Alfa vrs what you could hope to get from the SS and therefore how much extra you need to make up any difference. If the SS was completed would the difference needed make it easier to afford vrs selling the SS as it is. From my experience/observations a completed car is normally easier to sell. Of course the SS has rarity value and so perhaps this is less of an issue.

Another question is just how much time, and money etc would it take to complete the SS and/or whether the owner of the 'new' Alfa can wait or not. Also in all of this is just how long it may take to sell the SS either as a in-completed restoration vrs a completed car.

My point being there are quite a number of unknowns in the equation here, but hopefully you may have a better feel re all of this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi John, what you have is the dilemma that people often have when objects of passion are involved. Having to chose between two objects of intense interest, desire, passion etc. requires a good amount of self understanding. Passion for a certain car can be a long standing entity or it can be fleeting. You must have a high degree of passion for the SS to have acquired the car and got it so far along on it's restoration. That you don't know what to do suggests ambivalence. Which choice are you more passionate about is part of the delemma. In my opinion this ambivalence is best resolved by living the decision process i.e. thinking about it, considering all factors, letting days and nights pass until what you really want to do becomes apparent. Also, practical matters may in the end out weigh the passion. The main point is to not make an impulsive decision but rather take the time to find out what you really want to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts