Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi.....sorry don't know you....need more info....Richard
Never mind, I found the answer... Kim drove 00018 for the first time at Trieste-Opicina on July 24, 1960. The Scuderia Sant'Ambroeus got the car on July 21. Kim had race number 166 and won the GT 1000-1300cc class. Luciano Conti took over SZ 00001 from then as well, with race number 170 and finished 6th in that class...

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Bob,

Did you really buy and transport this thing back to Portland in less than four days? Did you hire a transport plane from Italy? I have known for several decades that maybe you had a loose screw, or two, but I didn't think you were this car crazy! If you really have this jewel in Stumptown, I'd like to cast my gaze over it!

Bill
Oh, Hey Bill. Yes. I'm as nutty as they come. I used CARS USA to ship the car by air. They first trucked it all the way to Amsterdam and then it landed in LAX where it was loaded onto another truck to Stumptown. For sure you'll see the car at local tours and events, maybe even the Old Spider Tour this month if I can get the slop out of the throttle linkage in time. Great to hear from you.
Bob.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Hi Robert

I was trying to be helpful in my post # 36 as I own SZ # 23 the Alfa that Sergio Pedretti took over from #1 to win the championship....know of many foto sources....

Richard
Hi Richard, Thanks for your reply. I was having a little trouble finding my way back to this thread for some reason. It's cool that our cars have this special connection in the past. Hopefully, they will someday be in the same place again for a show or something. I would love to learn more about the history of the cars from this time and find more photos. Hopefully, you can forward that info along when it's convenient for you. That would be highly appreciated!
Hope to meet you someday soon.
Robert

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
The oversized tires are negatively accentuated by the car's diminutive proportions. These cars transcend artistry. I have no idea why this one sounds like a rattle trap on the cobbles .. It shouldn't let out a peep or squeak. It is the most solid platform Alfa ( er Zagato) ever made... fragile yet solid. .
When I received the car, there were several items behind the seats and those racing seatbelts are attached to big screw eyes by large metal snapping hooks. I need to insulate them with rubber or giant shrink tubing. I'm happy to report that the engine is running great, but those open velocity stacks are very noisy. I can't recommend them except for racing. In this car, you've really got you keep your eye on the tachometer because it loves to rev. At one point, it was up to 7000 rpm without the slightest feeling of objection. Quite a sound at that speed! 😄 Facetti's magic, I'm sure.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts