Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

During the past 25 years I bought this parts on Italian jumbles.

They are recognizable but all are a little different from the parts we would normally find on the Sprints.
Could there be a connection with the 2600 somewhere?

The trunk lid (enamel) cloisonné is golden and not silverish as most of them are. Unfortunately one stud is broken on this specimen.

The chrome back ring for the trunk badge has pins soldered mechanically for mounting on a trunk lid. Would this be for a badge that had to be glued on this ring?

The radio plate is completely in plastic, was this a very deserving reproduction done by a desperate seeking Sprint owner for the original plate or has someone of you seen this before ?

If any of this looks familiar to you, thanks for sharing your knowledge here !

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Thierry, the radio delete was in fact a product item for the later 101 Sprints. Not many survived. That golden trunk badge is unusual. See this thread: Badges & Scripts - Summary Data I'm sure Carl would like to add it to the documentation along with the radio badge.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi 6alfas,

Thanks for your reply, especially about the radio plate, mostly appreciated.
I've seen a few of this golden coloured badges up to now, the problem and therefor the reason for this request is that we can't find more details in the catalog. So we can only rely on testimonies from Sprint / SS/ 2600 owners.
I hope other will share their knowledge too.
Thanks again and stay safe,
Thierry

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Thierry,

I trunk badge looks like the one on my 101 Sprint Veloce except my badge which was purchased from Alfa Romeo Inc. was silver and not gold. The badge was encased in plastic and could not be plated.

John W.

·
Registered
432 Posts
John, your ‘61 Sprint Veloce was built in June, right? That may change Carl’s info list a bit...Sprints may have changed to plastic a tad sooner than Spiders. Would Bertone & Pinin Farina have done the badging, or back at Alfa?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
The 750/101 Spiders do not use Sprint or SS trunk badges. The 750 Sprints use a all metal trunk badge while the 101 Sprints use a plastic/metal badge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts