Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Not sure if there are new noses available out there but it looks like it can be banged out by a good body guy. Perhaps some of the body gurus will comment. Do you have any more detail photos of the damage? From the top and from the inside?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Cstlhn,
Wolf Steel do a nose for the spider, maybe it could be adapted to repair a sprint. The cost is $800 for the 4 parts, they are available individualy for $200 too.
The internet address is http://www.alfaparts.net/101_750.htm if your interested.
Ciao
Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
the human fantasy has no limit!

Hi Ive a similar problem... a "maniac" :mad: had decided to change the features of this giulietta spider... I dont know if it ir reparable or if I need a new front. Does any one know an eurpean "wolf steel restoration"??

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have any more detail photos of the damage? From the top and from the inside?
It appears to have been repaired once before? I may be able to use the bottom pieces from Wolfe but the top could need modification?

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Hi Ive a similar problem... a "maniac" :mad: had decided to change the features of this giulietta spider... I dont know if it ir reparable or if I need a new front. Does any one know an eurpean "wolf steel restoration"??

Wow, I just got a pretty good laugh at your expense. That poor car looks like he would be cussing us if his mouth wasn't wired shut. A Berlina grill, that's pretty choice. Is it possible that it just needs the correct grill without extensive metalwork? Otherwise, there are good Alfa parts sources in GB, Germany and of course, Italy. I think Alfa Stop in GB specializes in a lot of Giulietta stuff.

Bill

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Today I removed all the glass from the car along with trim,lights, gauges, and headliner. First thing tommorow the car goes to the media blaster.
I sent photos to Wolf to see what they can supply. More photos to come.

·
Super Moderator
3,642 Posts
That's the usual "dodgy-old-drum-brake nose end thump"

Happened frequently when owners didn't maintain the drum brakes properly & drove too fast.

Forget adapting a Spider nose, they aren't even from the same manufacturer, Pininfarina vs Bertone.

For both Sprint & Spider panels try:

www.alfastop.co.uk or http://www.biondilamierati.com

Try Hurtienne in Germany or Afra in Italy

Eric von Cauwen in Holland also does panels.

Try E-bay for used stuff

Apparently Biondi is very good, but grumpy & only deals in Italian & with "collect" customers...... from what I have been told ??

Ciao
Greig

Trying to repair the entire nose of Dad's Spider.......

·
Super Moderator
10,171 Posts
I concurr with AlfistiSA - repairing the sheetmetal that you have is likely to be simpler than trying to find and properly attach replacement sheetmetal. As AlfistiSA says, virtually every Sprint on the planet has looked like yours at some point in its career - at least from the photos you posted, it doesn't look that bad. However, you really won't know what you have until it gets media blasted, and all the Bondo gets removed. Your bodyguy WILL need a clean center grille + the two side grilles to get the sheetmetal straight.

gdimassa - you have my condolences. That is an insult to Pininfarina, Alfa Romeo, and good taste in general. You might try just removing the incorrect center grille and 2 foglights, and see how it looks - even a gaping hole would probably be better.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
AlfistiSA and Alfajay
This Sprint has had a hard life. If you examine the pics you'll see it has previously been pieced together ... poorly.:(
The present condition of this nose approaches that of one known as a POS.;)

We will endevour to assist Dave in finding suitable panels to effect a satisfactory repair.:)

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Damnit you got Lou's sprint!! That is a car with lots of potential, i wish i had jumped on the ebay auction. Where in NH are you? Best of luck with the restoration.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of blast media are you using?
It is a plastic media. The shop also sprays the car in a self etching primer immediately afterwards.
George is correct. The car has been previously repaired several times. Greig gave me some good leads, as did others, for parts. I have many business contacts in Italy so I will try them Monday.

David

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
It is a plastic media. The shop also sprays the car in a self etching primer immediately afterwards.
George is correct. The car has been previously repaired several times. Greig gave me some good leads, as did others, for parts. I have many business contacts in Italy so I will try them Monday.

David
David,
what shop are you going to?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
awesome link, thanks. Hopefully i can afford to take the GT there when I'm finally ready to start in with the metal work.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should probably get this thread moved to the restoration section but until then;

Photos of the car now back from media blasting and at the body shop. It has a coat of primer to keep it from rusting (further). The sides are better than originally thought but the right front fender is horrible! I am looking for sheet metal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
Hi David,

Here's a picture of a NOS Giulietta Spider front panel that I'll be selling for a friend. As you can see, the grill openings, curves and headlights are significantly different between the Bertone Sprint and the Pininfarina Spider so as Greig said, forget it. Good luck in your search/repair and keep us posted. Can anyone tell me if I've got a 750 or a 101 Spider front here?

Bill Sinclair

Attachments

1 - 20 of 73 Posts