Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to try to source, well everything that's missing, parts for my '59 Sprint 101. Is there a source for the polished strips that mount at the bottom of the door, and fore and aft of that? If anyone has a set I'd be interested.
Thanks - Matt

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
I'm starting to try to source, well everything that's missing, parts for my '59 Sprint 101. Is there a source for the polished strips that mount at the bottom of the door, and fore and aft of that?
Classic Alfa (UK), Bertelsbeck (Germany) and OKP (Germany) do the 3 part stainless strips for 750/101 sprints

probably others too

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Classic Alfa (UK), Bertelsbeck (Germany) and OKP (Germany) do the 3 part stainless strips for 750/101 sprints

probably others too
Thanks for the tip. I checked Centerline and found nothing, so didn't go further. Lesson learned!
- Matt

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I would add Alfa Stop to the list of vendors that sell the stainless steel strips for your car. The 1958 and earlier Sprints used aluminum strips instead of stainless steel. I have two front and one rear stainless steel pieces but nothing for the door. I know that the stainless steel strips are sold as a complete set.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 1958 and earlier Sprints used aluminum strips instead of stainless steel.
Great info. So to be correct for my '59 101 the aluminum won't work. At this point I would buy either one hoping to come across some original stainless later on.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I have three original stainless steel trim parts but you need the door trim and one front trim. I would recommend buying a new set that does not need to be polished or repaired. I saw a reproduction set that is being used on a restored Sprint Veloce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts