Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my car it was apart and I got a mess of other parts. I have two chrome pieces that go between the a pillar windshield mounts. One has a rotating locking mechanism in the middle, with the two outside standard locks. The other is what I think is stock with no middle lock. My top has the middle lock assm attached to the header. Has anyone ever seen a top with this middle lock?

·
Super Moderator
11,579 Posts
Can you post some photos?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pics of Top Bows needed `59 Spider 750D Normale

Hi Folks,

Would someone please post a pic of a "Stock Top Bow" (Un-Folded & or Mounted) for a " 59 (No vent window) Giulietta Spider 750D Normale. Please show the "Header & Rear Mtg. points" to the body.

Thanx in Advance, Jerry & Russ:confused:

·
Registered
709 Posts
That is a window sash lock from a hardware store.
Added by a previous owner.
Should not be there. DB

·
Super Moderator
11,579 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I KNEW there was nothing like that seen over the years.
It IS interesting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Short body Giulietta top frame.

My adventure continues. I just installed my top and it is 2 inches to long. It is a 101 top frame. I have a friend sending me the header and the first three bows from a 750 frame. Has anyone ever modified a frame? The 101 frame fits the body, the top hits the two securing clips behind the doors, so all I can figure is they modified the front section of steel arms to be two inches longer. If anyone has any idea what I should do next, let me know Thanks Jerry

·
Super Moderator
11,579 Posts
You are MUCH better off locating a 750 top frame. The 101 frame and SWB frame have similar value in similar condition. If you ruin the 101 frame so it won't fit a 750 or 101 you are in trouble. Many modify just the front top bow in early 750 and later 101 1300 frames to lower the top front area like the 1600 101 top frame. This is reversable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts