Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys - I'm looking for a correct interior rear view mirror for my OSCA GTZ and am told that it was shared with the Giulietta Spider. Anyone who wants to view the picture and comment/confirm is welcome. If you know of a parts source where I can obtain this mirror I would be grateful.

Steve
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
There's an eBay seller in Switzerland who has had those in the past. I believe he's often on the Italian site. Don't expect a bargain price, but his items do seem perfect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know these won't be cheap. I've searched eBay/Italy with no luck (I check it daily); I've got Centerline Alfa researching it and RE Originals claims they can obtain the mirror with one of their usual out-of-this-world prices ($550) and no commitment on delivery.

If someone finds the eBay link -- forward it :)

Also looking for Alfa SZ jack hole covers ("teardrop" Zagato aluminum pieces) -- if anyone knows where I even find repro's -- it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
There's a guy in Italy called Luigi Esposito who seems to be able to find rare parts. His email address is [email protected] . I've always conversed with him in Italian so I don't know if he speaks English or not, but you need to ask for 'uno specchio interno per una Giulietta Spider' and attach the photo. Don't tell him you need it for an OSCA or the price will probably double :rolleyes:.

You could also try contacting OK Parts in Germany, as they have a tonne of stuff that they don't list on their website.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
It does not look like either a Giulietta Spider or early Sprint rear view mirror to me. Both the Sprint and Spider are solid( not dippable). Late spider can be dipped but looks quite different. Don't remember what late Sprint looks like , but this mirror does not look like any Alfa that I am aware of. I have owned a 750 Spider Veloce since 1964, just for reference. And 40 or so others.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A source in Italy actually told me Giulietta Spider, so it appears he's incorrect. Thanks for clarifying -- hopefully I locate one for a fair price.

Any ideas on the aluminum Alfa SZ jack plug covers? Anyone making good repro's? (I've got the measurement spec's).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OKP in Germany emailed this morning that the mirror was from an Alfa 1900. Luigi Esposito replied that he does not have it.

Can anyone confirm if this is used on the 1900?

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Steve,

A post made elsewhere on this site has led me back to that eBay seller in Switzerland I was talking about yesterday. His details can be found here.

Alex.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks pcleemans -- I think I may have one located but the seller is checking his warehouse stash to confirm he still has it.

If you want to confirm if the mirror I need is the same as the 1900 that would be great. If you have a spare to sell, I'll give you my email address to communicate further.

While you're at it -- let me know if you know anyone making reproductions of the Zagato "teardrop" jack hole plugs. Originals would be great -- but like hens teeth.

thanks in advanc :)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
No the mirror you show is neither a Giulietta Sprint or Spider, they both mount to the top of the dash. It is, I am faily sure, one used on a SZ, and indeed it looks identical to that on my SZ. It mounts to the top rail over the wndscreen.
I do have another chromed SZ mirror marginally different in that the lowest pressed bar being a little longer. OA size 120 x55 with a bottom black dipping lever.
PM with your e-mail address and I can let you have photographs and at the same time the name of the person from whom I got the aluminium tear-drop jacking hole covers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.